Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Moving to Pilar: Expat Opinions and Recommendations

Jennifer G

Hi everyone!

I’m curious if any expats here live in Pilar and could share their experiences. My husband and I are currently based in Córdoba, but we’re considering relocating to be nearer to EZE airport. We’re not keen on living in the city itself, so we’re looking for a more small-town feel, but ideally with an expat community nearby. From what we’ve seen online, Pilar seems appealing with its nice neighborhoods and rental homes. However, we haven’t had a chance to visit yet. Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm currently living in a lovely and secure gated community in Canning, which is conveniently located near Ezeiza Airport. It's a fantastic spot, with a drive of just about 50 minutes to an hour to Buenos Aires. The neighborhood is not only charming and safe but also offers easy access to various places, making it a great base for both local and city travel.

Pilar is actually quite far from Ezeiza. The airport is located southwest of CABA, so if you want to be close to it, you'd need to look at areas like Monte Grande, which is in the southern zone.

Pilar is a lot like American-style suburbs, with gated communities where you need to drive to get anywhere. There are some expats around, but not too many English speakers.

Pilar is about an hour from Ezeiza Airport. It’s a great option if you're looking for secure gated communities and a nice environment, my in-laws live there. However, be aware that traffic can get pretty crazy during rush hours when traveling to and from Buenos Aires.

I'm currently living in a lovely and secure gated community in Canning, which is conveniently located near Ezeiza Airport. It's a fantastic spot, with a drive of just about 50 minutes to an hour to Buenos Aires. The neighborhood is not only charming and safe but also offers easy access to various places, making it a great base for both local and city travel.
Interesting there are gated communities over near EZE. From the airport going to the city didn't look like too nice of an area but that was just my take from the ride but I'm sure there must be a lot of land out there and nicer areas. I thought all of the nicer suburbs where in the north near Pilar but great to hear some near EZE as well.

Back