Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Must visit! The most beautiful cafe in all of Buenos Aires - Confitería Ideal

Anchor Baby

I haven't read too much about this Cafe but it is a must visit cafe! It has to be the most beautiful cafe in the city. The pastries are all very good too. I heard this was renovated a few years ago. Definitely worth a visit.

Website

IG

Google Maps

I haven't read too much about this Cafe but it is a must visit cafe! It has to be the most beautiful cafe in the city. The pastries are all very good too. I heard this was renovated a few years ago. Definitely worth a visit.

Website

IG

Google Maps

Yes this is an essential visit to Buenos Aires. Beautiful place. I haven't been here for a while and a good reminder to come back.

Great architecture and beautiful but food is just meh. Worth a visit but not a place you will come back to over and over IMHO.
Yes wasn't saying to go because the food was amazing. Most people want to see the beautiful cafe. I agree not a go to often place but it is worth visiting. I haven't been there since the renovation finished in 2022 so I want to see it. Friends and family have visited and raved about it.

No doubt a beautiful place but beware the service is realy realy slow. Even after we asked for our check it took a good 20 minutes to get it. Not sure if that is the norm. Felt kind of like a touristy trap place though. Long lines too.
That is a common complaint about slow service, especially on getting the check.

I've been recommended to visit Moshu Treehouse, and after reading several great reviews, I've decided to go this weekend. People say the ambiance is amazing and the pastries are exceptional. I'll share my experience after my visit.

Let us know how it is. I heard the coffee was very good there.

Beautiful spot but prices are too high now and service is too slow. They got rid of some of their staff to save money and very slow now.

Beautiful spot but prices are too high now and service is too slow. They got rid of some of their staff to save money and very slow now.
If you're looking for budget-friendly options, here's one for you! The sandwiches at this place are highly rated, especially by the office workers in the area who go there often. I have a friend who's a regular visitor. They're only $2500 and quite filling, they also have slightly pricier options, but nothing too crazy, including milanesa sandwiches.

If you're looking for budget-friendly options, here's one for you! The sandwiches at this place are highly rated, especially by the office workers in the area who go there often. I have a friend who's a regular visitor. They're only $2500 and quite filling, they also have slightly pricier options, but nothing too crazy, including milanesa sandwiches.

Great. Thanks. Wow their Google Reviews are very high!

Back