Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Official Thread on Corruption in Argentina - Milei Administration Cleaning up house

And the reporter (who is not from C5N) tells him, "Bueno, me parece bien." 🤬
Yes that is what angers me the most @Sunny about this country is the acceptance of it all. People don't get outraged enough here when they hear these kind of things. The guy is so relaxed telling all the world because he knows everyone else is doing it. Probably politicians families too.

More content for this thread: Everything is coming to light. The former minister has been indicted for the "VIP Vaccination" scandal during the COVID-19 pandemic. At that time, he allocated vaccines to a privileged group that included political leaders and their families, journalists, and other influential figures. This situation caused public outrage, as many vulnerable people were left without access to vaccination while these figures received preferential treatment.

This audit phase is the best, it's bringing all the dirt from the previous government to light. But this is just over the top, LOL. I really find it hard to believe this is happening... another stage is beginning :)

In a municipality in Chaco, nearly 10% of the population got fake disability certificates. This is yet another example of the never-ending corruption in this country. It's unbelievable how these people operate with such impunity, highlighting the lack of oversight and the complicity of certain sectors. It's urgent that serious measures be taken to put an end to this corruption, which not only steals resources but also undermines community values.

10% Wow. I saw some on TV with people interviewing them and they had no shame faking it. They even admitted it. Until Argentina can turn these kinds of problems around they probably always will be plagued with problems.

This businessman in Mendoza a few days ago announced how CFK's administration tried to bribe him. He specifically said if I end up dead it's not a suicide. And sure enough he turns up dead.

This is very dark and scary. There are probably hundreds of people like him out there that this was sending a sign to. You talk against CFK and you get killed too.

The amount of disability fraud claims is staggering! Sounds like just getting rid of all of the various frauds out there will save Argentina billions of dollars each year.

More evidence continues to emerge about the insurance scandal during Alberto's administration. It's unclear who is more involved in this corrupt situation: the secretary, her husband, or Alberto himself.

Back