Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Official Thread on Corruption in Argentina - Milei Administration Cleaning up house

It's outrageous to see how the traffic camera system in Buenos Aires Province has turned into a blatant money grab. 45 billion pesos in just six months? That’s insane! It feels like instead of focusing on road safety, the whole thing is set up just to line the pockets of a few. And now we find out that judges and lawyers are involved too, while regular citizens like us are the ones paying the price. You can’t trust a system that seems rigged to squeeze every last peso out of us. It’s a disgrace!

It's outrageous to see how the traffic camera system in Buenos Aires Province has turned into a blatant money grab. 45 billion pesos in just six months? That’s insane! It feels like instead of focusing on road safety, the whole thing is set up just to line the pockets of a few. And now we find out that judges and lawyers are involved too, while regular citizens like us are the ones paying the price. You can’t trust a system that seems rigged to squeeze every last peso out of us. It’s a disgrace!

Locals drive crazy. I thought they were some of the worst drivers in the world. Traffic cameras probably will make the city $$$$$ with as bad drivers as I saw during my trip.

This guy receives a privileged pension of 13,082,809 pesos every month just for having been president for two days. These are the kinds of things that need to change, it's disgraceful! Everyone should follow Milei’s example and either renounce that pension or accept a more modest amount. They make cuts in the most vulnerable sectors while we have people like this collecting huge sums. This is where they need to trim back. Damn politicians, their greed and ambition always come first!

The justice system is investigating irregularities in the granting of benefits to Malvinas war veterans who receive pensions for it. It’s estimated that there are about 9,000 fake veterans, who are actually members of La Cámpora. No matter where you look, there seems to be something illegal.

Argentina is full of these types of scams. I always joke that if they just cut all the scams the country would be rich and have plenty of money. Billions of dollars each year on all kinds of scams.

Argentina is full of these types of scams. I always joke that if they just cut all the scams the country would be rich and have plenty of money. Billions of dollars each year on all kinds of scams.
This is very true @Betsy Ross. The country is plagued with corruption and inefficiencies. It's mind-boggling. And not just corruption but broken systems with the employment and labor laws.

Fortunately I didn't have many incidents of bad employees or rogue employees that tried to take advantage of the labor and employment laws. But I do remember one employee that did. It was shortly after I sold my company. There was an employee that was pregnant and had a child. She claimed to be sick for a long time after having the baby. At the time, you couldn't easily fire an employee in this situation. And we still had to pay partial salary to her. I sold my company so didn't think about it again but then I heard that she had another kid and did the same thing. It was years and years of her being on the payroll without not easily being able to terminate her.

There are lots of corruption there even if it's not outright, the laws and system there allow it. All that needs to be cleaned up there and the laws changed to prevent this.

This is very true @Betsy Ross. The country is plagued with corruption and inefficiencies. It's mind-boggling. And not just corruption but broken systems with the employment and labor laws.

Fortunately I didn't have many incidents of bad employees or rogue employees that tried to take advantage of the labor and employment laws. But I do remember one employee that did. It was shortly after I sold my company. There was an employee that was pregnant and had a child. She claimed to be sick for a long time after having the baby. At the time, you couldn't easily fire an employee in this situation. And we still had to pay partial salary to her. I sold my company so didn't think about it again but then I heard that she had another kid and did the same thing. It was years and years of her being on the payroll without not easily being able to terminate her.

There are lots of corruption there even if it's not outright, the laws and system there allow it. All that needs to be cleaned up there and the laws changed to prevent this.
In speaking to some locals this sort of thing seems to be common there. Probably all of that needs to be fixed before many bigger companies will want to come and start companies there.

Here’s an audio that shows the violence Alberto inflicted on his wife. The abuse, vulgarity, and violence are terrible. It’s unbelievable that this person claimed to be a leading defender of women and their rights.

Back