Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics On this day, 8 years ago...

noname

Do you remember this corruption scandal? Cristina Kirchner's Public Works Secretary, Jose Lopez, was caught throwing bags in a convent containing 9 MILLION DOLLARS and a MACHINE GUN!! Oh my God! I wonder if he's still in jail. The important thing is Never Forget. The damage they caused during that administration was terrible for the country, and we still pay the consequences.

The justice system was lenient with him; he was imprisoned for only five and a half years until he was released on parole in November 2021. After serving two-thirds of his sentence, he was granted parole. His sentence expired on December 14, 2023, so now he must be enjoying his time peacefully at home. I heard he moved down south to Rio Gallegos.

I've read so many things about CFK. How is she not in jail??
Because of her last political position, she had parliamentary immunity from arrest, and to have it removed, she would have had to undergo impeachment proceedings. I understand she no longer has immunity, so I don't understand why she hasn't been imprisoned yet, considering she is already facing charges in several corruption cases.

OMG!!! And the imbeciles didn't even know there was a camera right there? I have sooooo many questions.

1. Did the nun(s) also go to jail?
2. Did they try to justify anything, I mean, where did they say that money had come from?
3. What did La Kretina say about that?

See why Milei says that everything must be in private hands? The thug was the boss of Public Works, those 9 million must've been pocket change to him! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
I don't think some of these people even care about cameras. They are clueless. Same thing has happened to many police officers there that have been accused by business owners of stealing. Many times security cameras catch them. CFK will never see the inside of a jail cell which is sad.

1. Did the nun(s) also go to jail?
I had to look up that information LOL, I was also curious and frankly outraged. They were only called to testify as witnesses in the case; they were not charged 😒

The two nuns said that López and his wife, María Amalia Díaz , - also accused in the case - went two or three times a year to the monastery to meet with Alba and the deceased bishop Rubén Di Monte and that they brought donations. And María, who has been in the convent for 20 years, stated that she never saw the former Kirchner ministers Julio De Vido and Alicia Kirchner in the place.

I had to look up that information LOL, I was also curious and frankly outraged. They were only called to testify as witnesses in the case; they were not charged 😒

The two nuns said that López and his wife, María Amalia Díaz , - also accused in the case - went two or three times a year to the monastery to meet with Alba and the deceased bishop Rubén Di Monte and that they brought donations. And María, who has been in the convent for 20 years, stated that she never saw the former Kirchner ministers Julio De Vido and Alicia Kirchner in the place.
I remember this case. There were all kinds of corruption like this. I remember many years back when they found cash in some Minister's toilet apparently for a bribe. I can't remember the circumstances but I hope this new President can stop all of this.

I remember this case. There were all kinds of corruption like this. I remember many years back when they found cash in some Minister's toilet apparently for a bribe. I can't remember the circumstances but I hope this new President can stop all of this.
Yes that was the former Economy Minister, Felisa Miceli. You can't make this stuff up.

Back