Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Paul McCartney in Buenos Aires

I think he must have real passion for it because he's already 81 years old. I don't believe he does it solely for money. Artists always say that Argentina has the best audience because of the passion and emotion they transmit. Here, everyone is already eagerly awaiting the start of ticket pre-sales.

Ha. They always say "last show" ever until they run out of money and need more!
That's true, the wealthiest people are often the most ambitious, and even if they're millionaires, they want more and more.
@demon is right. Many international artists claim that the best audiences at concerts are Argentineans. In fact, even Taylor Swift was surprised when she performed here for the first time. According to what my friends from Buenos Aires tell me, life in this country is lived differently, with a special emphasis on music. They really enjoy going to concerts, something that, in general, we Americans don't experience at the same level. They're passionate about everything.

I think he must have real passion for it because he's already 81 years old. I don't believe he does it solely for money. Artists always say that Argentina has the best audience because of the passion and emotion they transmit. Here, everyone is already eagerly awaiting the start of ticket pre-sales.
I seriously doubt he needs the money. Some of these performers really enjoy performing. Amazing to see they can still fill up venues this many years after.

I actually dont rate McCartney on his own and there is no way I would pay USD 150 to listen to him in a football stadium with the worst acoustics.

I got a special from my bank to buy the tickets with six interest free instalments. But I turned down their generosity......

A friend asked me this morning can you buy an insurance policy in case he dies before the concert / sick British humour , I know!

Another bit of UK Gossip is that Paul will attend the Taylor Swift concert tonight in Liverpool and sing a duet.

I actually dont rate McCartney on his own and there is no way I would pay USD 150 to listen to him in a football stadium with the worst acoustics.

I got a special from my bank to buy the tickets with six interest free instalments. But I turned down their generosity......

A friend asked me this morning can you buy an insurance policy in case he dies before the concert / sick British humour , I know!

Another bit of UK Gossip is that Paul will attend the Taylor Swift concert tonight in Liverpool and sing a duet.
I was thinking the same thing as you @GlasgowJohn! HA. Who knows if he will make it until the concert. Agree about the acoustics and the pricing. Let's see how many tickets he sells. I can't imagine it will be too full with this economy but maybe I'm wrong.

Well on that link it says there are some $1,000 USD tickets. That is a lot of pesos for Argentines.

Do you know how many of those tickets there were?

Sorry , no idea

I was offered them by the Santander Bank , two days before the rest of the tickets went on sale.

Today when I looked at the site I couldnt click on the link to reserve thos ones - just a test - I am assuming they were sold out but it could have been a website problem.

Sorry , no idea

I was offered them by the Santander Bank , two days before the rest of the tickets went on sale.

Today when I looked at the site I couldnt click on the link to reserve thos ones - just a test - I am assuming they were sold out but it could have been a website problem.
How much did they offer them for? I have no idea if his voice is still good. I saw some footage of Madonna on tour and it was pretty gross. She is very old and was kissing some other older woman. How can she think people want to see that? I'm sure this concert will be much tamer. :p

Back