Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Pizza Restaurants in Buenos Aires - What are some of your favorite pizza places in Buenos Aires, Argentina?

I like cheese as much as the next guy but they really overdo it in Buenos Aires. Half the time I see people leaving tons of cheese on their plates. It just seems like a waste.
I like some of the pizzas here but I agree many pile on too much cheese. I much prefer the pizzas back home. I'm from NYC and they have great pizza there!

Luigis, John's @ Bleecker Street, Angelo's, Lucile, Di Fara, Best Pizza, Sauce Pizzeria just to name a few. Too many to name. Pizza here in BA can't touch pizza in the States.

I don't recommend two of the pizzerías listed in that article.

The four pizzas we had at Gordo Chanta (it's in Villa Crespo, not Chacarita, btw) back in February, came to the table with lots of burned and very bitter spots that we could not ignore, it was just a mess having to peel off the burned spots. The couple we were with, a recent acquaintance, felt terrible because they had chosen the place based on the reviews they read on Google. They wanted to send them back, but we didn't want to have to wait another hour. We did have to ask the waiter to change the wine because it tasted like vinegar. The pizza dough tasted okay but the center of the pizza was thin, soft and soggy, no crust under all that cheese, at all. The place was very tiny.

My husband and I went to Hell's Pizza, in The Imprenta (near Maure and Migueletes, northern Las Cañitas area) about a month ago. They try to make pizza NYC-style, but not quite there. We ordered a "half" of two slices mozzarella & pepperoni and two slices mushroom, onion & bacon. The pepperoni looked weird and tasted more like salami and the dough was tasteless, very hard, and pale. Slow and inattentive service.
I tried Hell's Pizza and liked it compared to other places I've tried here. Not as good as the States but I still liked it.

I tried Hell's Pizza and liked it compared to other places I've tried here. Not as good as the States but I still liked it.
If you're looking for American-style pizza, I recommend "Sbarro Pizzeria." It's located on Corrientes Street, near the Obelisco. The pizza is thin, just like American-style, and I really enjoyed it. The slices are large, and the taste is delicious. The place is fast food, so the service is quick. I ordered a promo with 2 slices of your choice and a soda, and I spent between 7k and 8k. I was very satisfied! The place has two floors, and the upper floor is very spacious.

1719338057554.jpeg

If you're looking for American-style pizza, I recommend "Sbarro Pizzeria." It's located on Corrientes Street, near the Obelisco. The pizza is thin, just like American-style, and I really enjoyed it. The slices are large, and the taste is delicious. The place is fast food, so the service is quick. I ordered a promo with 2 slices of your choice and a soda, and I spent between 7k and 8k. I was very satisfied! The place has two floors, and the upper floor is very spacious.

View attachment 6538

I didn't know there was a Sbarro in BA. Is this the same chain as the USA? Is the pizza the same?

I didn't know there was a Sbarro in BA. Is this the same chain as the USA? Is the pizza the same?
No it's not the same. Sbarro in the US is not good pizza but here it is worse. Went once but the pizza was cold once and the other time it was all burned. The pizza is really really oily. I never went back. Avoid if you like good NYC style pizza.

Argentina made it to the top 100 pizza places in the world, ranking 40th! Ti Amo is the only Latin American pizzeria on the list and is known for its unique Neapolitan-style pizzas. They have a charming little spot in Adrogué, south of Buenos Aires, and just opened a new location in Colegiales this year. Obviously, I have to go check it out! :)

I’ll definitely have to check if they really have the best Neapolitan pizza as they claim. 😊

Argentina made it to the top 100 pizza places in the world, ranking 40th! Ti Amo is the only Latin American pizzeria on the list and is known for its unique Neapolitan-style pizzas. They have a charming little spot in Adrogué, south of Buenos Aires, and just opened a new location in Colegiales this year. Obviously, I have to go check it out! :)

I have never been here but I will try it out. I don't put good pizza and Buenos Aires together in the same sentence. The best thing about moving back to NYC next month will be the awesome pizza!

I also miss New York pizza. Last weekend, my friends and I went to "Marcia Pizzeria," and honestly, it's one of the best pizzas I've tried here. It's Neapolitan style, just how I like it, and really flavorful. The only downside is that it's in Villa Urquiza, but it's definitely worth the trip.

Back