Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Questions about Cabify and Uber in Buenos Aires

Redpoint

Hello,

As I plan for my upcoming trip to Buenos Aires, I've encountered issues registering for a Cabify account. It appears that the app may not be sending verification codes to non-Spanish phone numbers. Has anyone managed to successfully set up a Cabify account using a UK or non-Spanish number?

My primary goal is to use taxis in Buenos Aires without the need for cash. While I already have an Uber account, I've heard that Uber in Buenos Aires still requires cash payments to the driver. Can anyone confirm if this is still the case?

Hello,

As I plan for my upcoming trip to Buenos Aires, I've encountered issues registering for a Cabify account. It appears that the app may not be sending verification codes to non-Spanish phone numbers. Has anyone managed to successfully set up a Cabify account using a UK or non-Spanish number?

My primary goal is to use taxis in Buenos Aires without the need for cash. While I already have an Uber account, I've heard that Uber in Buenos Aires still requires cash payments to the driver. Can anyone confirm if this is still the case?
During my recent trip, I attempted to book an Uber (from AEP to Obelisco) with card payment, but the request was declined, trying at least 3-4 times. Eventually, I opted for a taxi and paid in cash.

Later, for another trip, I booked an Uber with the cash payment option, and it was readily accepted.

Hello,

Hey! I stumbled upon crucial information in this forum that might be beneficial for you! It's fantastic how you can find everything you need right here.
Just click the link, and it will take you to thread.

I use Cabify and Uber without issues. Uber I have linked to my USA Visa credit card. Cabify I set up with my USA phone # but I have to pay cash for those trips. Both work well.

Hello,

I've utilized both Uber and Cabify with a European phone number while in Argentina. Nevertheless, it's usually advisable to make cash transactions in Argentina. When using card payments, they apply the official exchange rate, which is approximately three times lower than the Blue Dollar rate.

Back