Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

GallardoYes

I have some friends coming over from NZ at the end of Sept and they are looking for a hotel around USD100 per night.
I don't know the city too well and have googled but would prefer any suggestions from personal experience if possible.
Many thanks for any suggestions in advance

Check despegar, there are a lot of hotels in that price range.
Oh didn't see that you were looking for personal experience. I can't really help there

Have them have a look at www.expedia.com for their travel dates to see the best rates on many of the hotels in the city.
For their price range then: IQ CAllao,Concord Callao,Etoile,BelAir,Ayres de Recoleta/Libertad/Recoleta Plaza,Urban Suites,Intersur Recoleta. These are all located in Recoleta. TripAdvisor has reviews on all these hotels.

I agree an apartment rental will be more affordable and they would probably enjoy it more as they would have more room. As long as you book with a reputable agency/owner you won't have any problems. www.airbnb.com is good and they won't pay the owner until after the check-in to make sure everything goes well.

Also, if you don't want to go the full apartment route, Art Suites is a good choice. https://artsuites.com.ar/ The owners are very nice people and honest. If you pay cash you can get a discounted rate.

Back