Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink República del Fuego

My wife and I have a friend in town from Brazil, so we went to República del Fuego for dinner after church. Take my opinion for what it’s worth, but I’d say it was solidly competitive with Don Julio at much lower prices. Total for three, with three appetizers, three steaks, three sides and desserts came out to $84000 ($70 U.S. token) with card, or $75000 ($62.50 U.S. token) with the cash discount.

We got the ojo de bife, bife de chorizo and the entraña, but the star of the show was the bife de chorizo. It was magnificent and better than the last one I had at Don Julio or El Preferido, for significantly less.

10/10 experience, in my opinion. The only thing I’d change is that I wish it was a bit quieter inside. Definitely worthy of its place in the Michelin Guide, IMO. Or, to quote our friend, “Don’t cry for me Argentina, I’m going to eat all of your steak. Ojo de bife, ojo de bife… Ojo de bife, ojo de bife…”
Thank you so much @Darksider415 for this post. We tried this restaurant and you were right. Very good quality. I found the steak was as good or better than Don Julio and El Preferido as well which both have excellent steaks. The customer service was also friendlier.

10 out of 10.

My wife and I have a friend in town from Brazil, so we went to República del Fuego for dinner after church. Take my opinion for what it’s worth, but I’d say it was solidly competitive with Don Julio at much lower prices. Total for three, with three appetizers, three steaks, three sides and desserts came out to $84000 ($70 U.S. token) with card, or $75000 ($62.50 U.S. token) with the cash discount.

We got the ojo de bife, bife de chorizo and the entraña, but the star of the show was the bife de chorizo. It was magnificent and better than the last one I had at Don Julio or El Preferido, for significantly less.

10/10 experience, in my opinion. The only thing I’d change is that I wish it was a bit quieter inside. Definitely worthy of its place in the Michelin Guide, IMO. Or, to quote our friend, “Don’t cry for me Argentina, I’m going to eat all of your steak. Ojo de bife, ojo de bife… Ojo de bife, ojo de bife…”
Thanks again for posting about this place @Darksider415. I came with my cousin and it was one of her favorite meals of the trip. Staff is so friendly too., Food was delicious!

Back