Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Short Term Daycare/Preschool for 4 year old?

susan38

Hello, my family and I plan to visit Buenos Aires in February 2024 for a three-month stay to learn Spanish and immerse ourselves in a new culture. I'm looking for recommendations on day care or preschool options for my 4-year-old where she can spend her time during the day. Ideally, we're seeking a place that accommodates short-term enrollments. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

In Argentina, the months of January and February mark the summer vacation period. During this time, you'll often come across "colonias de vacaciones," which are akin to summer schools offering playful activities, sports, and swimming pools.

You can search for these vacation programs online, and the availability may vary depending on the specific area you are staying in.

oh yes! I forgot to say that I will be staying in the Palermo area, so it would be nice to find a kindergarten there.

Hello susan38,

Traveler is right, in January you will find the so called "colonias de vacaciones".

A vacation camp is a recreational and educational program designed for children and adolescents during school vacation periods.

Vacation camps offer a variety of activities designed to provide fun, entertainment, learning and personal development for participants. These activities typically include outdoor games, sports, arts and crafts, field trips, educational and social activities. The main objective is to provide a safe and enriching environment where children can enjoy their free time, make new friends and participate in activities that foster their growth and development.

Here are some options in Palermo:

(has branches in Palermo and Recoleta)

I hope you find the best place for your daughter.

Back