Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Sky-high inflation takes a toll on mental health in Argentina - AL JAZEERA

I noticed the Chinese corner markets are always more expensive now. A few weeks ago some things were the same thing or less on things but now I noticed they are always more expensive now.
I just went to get some tuna at the grocery store. All this talk of tuna made me want to make a tuna fish sandwich. Incidentally, does anyone know where you can get a really good tuna fish sandwich in Buenos Aires?

I paid 4,600 pesos for a can today. I've never really seen or heard of this in any restaurants nor do I see it stocked in my friend's cupboards at their places. Do Argentines just never use it for anything? I always bring down some Miracle Whip mayo down from home and slice up carrots and celery and lime juice and it's so tasty!

When my friends see me eating it here they razz me and say I'm eating cat food. These fricking canned tuna is the same price as steaks now. Does anyone know what locals use canned tuna for? Is it really just to find their cats? Am I secretly eating cat food? Life's little mysterious.

I just went to get some tuna at the grocery store. All this talk of tuna made me want to make a tuna fish sandwich. Incidentally, does anyone know where you can get a really good tuna fish sandwich in Buenos Aires?

I paid 4,600 pesos for a can today. I've never really seen or heard of this in any restaurants nor do I see it stocked in my friend's cupboards at their places. Do Argentines just never use it for anything? I always bring down some Miracle Whip mayo down from home and slice up carrots and celery and lime juice and it's so tasty!

When my friends see me eating it here they razz me and say I'm eating cat food. These fricking canned tuna is the same price as steaks now. Does anyone know what locals use canned tuna for? Is it really just to find their cats? Am I secretly eating cat food? Life's little mysterious.
I've not had a tuna fish sandwich from restaurants here. But I was in Jumbo today and a 120 g. can was 2,002 pesos and a 170 g. can was 3,800 pesos.

tuna 3800 pesos.JPG

tuna 2002.JPG

Dia normally has the best prices of tuna fish of all the big chains . All their tuns is imported from Ecuador and is of good quality.

Back