Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Something interesting this weekend?

bairon

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for some exciting suggestions to make the most of this weekend. I would love a plan that combines the beauty of the outdoors with a memorable dining experience.

Can you recommend any outdoor activities that include dining? Preferably, I am interested in places or events that are popular or unique to the area. I appreciate any suggestions to make this weekend an unforgettable experience!

Hey bairon,

Here is an interesting proposal that will take place this weekend.

JOY, food and drink festival

A wide variety of gastronomic proposals so you can eat deliciously and have a great time. At the Hippodrome, with free entry | December 8-9

1701971263628.png

JOY, food and drink festival​

When?

Friday 8 and Saturday 9, from 12 am to 11:30 p.m.

Where?

Palermo Hippodrome

With free admission, on Friday the 8th and Saturday the 9th, the second edition of JOY awaits you: the gastronomy fair suitable for all palates.

You will find classic foods and new trends, from roasted meats to Asian cuisine; from still life dishes to plant based. What do you like more? Asian cuisine, roast meats, sushi, crepes, hamburgers, pizzas, raclette, shawarma, ceviches, Korean cuisine, tacos, quesadillas, signature Milanese, Thai ice creams, pizzas Neapolitan style, Jewish cuisine, Brazilian cuisine? Well, all that and much more.

And with drinks, the same. You will have to choose from craft beers, wines, vermouth, signature cocktails and gin bars.

More activities​

In addition, at the fair, there will be a kermesse, with classic and attractive games to win many prizes.

And those who go to Saturday's edition will be able to simultaneously enjoy the “A Day at the Races” event in which the Clásico República Oriental del Uruguay (G3) will be held and they will be able to see the best turf in Latin America.

I hope this information is useful and that you enjoy your weekend!

Last edited:
If you are looking to enjoy nature and have a delicious lunch, I would recommend visiting the Japanese Garden. It is a place that offers a quiet and serene experience in the middle of the city. Within the grounds there is a retaurant that offers the best Asian food, but also if you want to have lunch enjoying nature they have picnic areas, so you could bring your lunch and enjoy a meal outdoors, then you can stroll through the park admire the Japanese architecture and relax with the serenity of the ponds and bonsai trees. I can tell you that you will not regret it!

Thanks for the recommendations! I'm tempted to do both haha, I think I'll go to Jardin Japones on Saturday and Hipodromo de Palermo on Sunday.

Thanks again!

Back