Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Spending a few days in town

luke66

Hi Everyone! i'm looking for the best area in Buenos Aires to stay.
Can you give me your recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Welcome!
Before diving in, consider using search engines to explore options. If you have a budget in mind, feel free to specify it or provide a range. Then, you can start customizing your search based on lodging type and desired amenities.
Some popular websites for accommodation include:
Remember, safety might be a concern for some travelers, so prioritize areas with a reputation for being safe or secure.
Lastly, be prepared for various opinions and preferences, as everyone has their favorite spots or preferences. Good luck with your search!

For what it's worth, I prefer staying near Plaza General San Martín, but it seems not everyone shares that sentiment for some reason.
This is a question that is asked a lot, so you can search for results in this forum.

Good Luck!

Consider checking out Recoleta and Palermo for popular areas with plenty of hotel options, including some upscale ones.

Microcenter and Retiro are more business-oriented areas with many hotels, especially big-name chains.

Feel free to share your considerations, and we can provide further advice.

Hello @Melibaires
I'm thrilled to explore the vibrant local street food scene and immerse myself in the rich culture of palaces, cathedrals, and more. Experiencing how local people live and soaking in the atmosphere of plazas and cathedrals sounds like an amazing adventure. Thank you so much! 🙏🐾❤️

Back