Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

In general, OFFICIAL translations may follow this path: original doc + apostille (if required) + translation + certification + legalization. The legalization fee is INDEPENDENT from the fees charged by the translator for their translation work and it is already set by the Board of Translators of each province.
and here's the Olympic Hoop-Jumping national sport of Argentina, in written form ;) trámites galore

as the US Embassy in Buenos Aires says, these services must for sure be done by Argentines like @Mercedes Jalil, and can't be done by the Embassy:

1. https://ar.usembassy.gov/what-we-cant-do/

2. https://eeeuu.cancilleria.gob.ar/en/resident-visa-family-reunion

i never used a Translator in BsAs @Larry but i can vouch for the lawyer Agustin Beaudean who i personally met and almost hired (but i wanted to try for a Residency on my own...good Spanish practice!) - i'm sure he could recommend a good translator. and maybe we can convince him to get on this forum, since the old censored forum just has @Bajo_cero2 who is fly to respond and i heard has some unsuccessful cases, and charges $6,500 USD (Beaudean is MUCH LESS, though younger)

and here's the Olympic Hoop-Jumping national sport of Argentina, in written form ;) trámites galore

as the US Embassy in Buenos Aires says, these services must for sure be done by Argentines like @Mercedes Jalil, and can't be done by the Embassy:

i never used a Translator in BsAs @Larry but i can vouch for the lawyer Agustin Beaudean who i personally met and almost hired (but i wanted to try for a Residency on my own...good Spanish practice!) - i'm sure he could recommend a good translator. and maybe we can convince him to get on this forum, since the old censored forum just has @Bajo_cero2 who is fly to respond and i heard has some unsuccessful cases, and charges $6,500 USD (Beaudean is MUCH LESS, though younger)

Thank you. I had a friend recently get some things translated and it was outrageous the prices. I believe all of these immigration attorneys aren't cheap. Most are charging around $5,000 dollars. How much does Beaudean charge? A friend from Australia is going through this process now. I will send him this contact.

Thank you. I had a friend recently get some things translated and it was outrageous the prices. I believe all of these immigration attorneys aren't cheap. Most are charging around $5,000 dollars. How much does Beaudean charge? A friend from Australia is going through this process now. I will send him this contact.
The immigration attorneys have never been too cheap. Even back when I did it 20+ years ago I paid $4,500 USD to get my permanent residency. With inflation-adjusted dollars that was a lot. I used ARCA who did a good job. They also got a DNI for many of my clients. I believe they have a 100% money-back guarantee on their fees which none of the other immigration attorneys offered. Seems like many of them are a total crap shoot if they will get it or not.

All my experiences with Lorena at ARCA were great. They have more of a "trust us" approach where they provide a list of things you need to provide and you give it to them and then they handle everything. During the initial consultation, they should be able to tell you if they can get it or not.

Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 12.25.37 PM.jpg

How much does Beaudean charge for the DNI process? Some friends of ours also used ARCA and were happy.

The immigration attorneys have never been too cheap. Even back when I did it 20+ years ago I paid $4,500 USD to get my permanent residency. With inflation-adjusted dollars that was a lot. I used ARCA who did a good job. They also got a DNI for many of my clients. I believe they have a 100% money-back guarantee on their fees which none of the other immigration attorneys offered. Seems like many of them are a total crap shoot if they will get it or not.

All my experiences with Lorena at ARCA were great. They have more of a "trust us" approach where they provide a list of things you need to provide and you give it to them and then they handle everything. During the initial consultation, they should be able to tell you if they can get it or not.

View attachment 7317
That is who our friend used. Lorena told our friend that she has been doing this over 20 years and not one of her cases was ever refused.

Hi Larry,

I'm registered in Córdoba for the time being, but I'll let know if the Immigration Office accepts legalizations from Córdoba. As far as I'm concerned, officials weren't accepted documents legalized in Cba.

In relation to a referee, allow me some more time to check if a well-known colleague is still working in this field.

As you can imagine people, I can't say anything in relation to other colleagues' fees as it's up to them how much they charge for a particular job. In any case, always trust a reliable, registered professional.

Will come back with an answer soon.

:)

View attachment 7317
Oh wow. That's good to know about the 100% money-back guarantee. I guess they won't take on a case unless they know they can 100% get it. I will reach out to them. Thanks for posting about them.

Back