Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Tango class and milonga in San Telmo area

JennyBack

Hello Buenos Aires!

My husband and I are planning to visit Buenos Aires in February 2024 and have a keen interest in taking a tango class followed by a milonga experience in the San Telmo area. We've come across offers on booking platforms that start from USD150 per person, and that seems a bit steep. Any recommendations or suggestions for more budget-friendly options would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

I'd suggest checking out Maldita Milonga on Thursday nights, located conveniently in Monserrat at Perú 571. The class kicks off at 9 p.m., and they smartly split participants into beginner and intermediate groups, each led by excellent instructors. At 11 p.m., there's the enchanting touch of a live orchestra, followed by a delightful dance performance at 12:15 a.m. It's a cherished milonga in the neighborhood. To secure a spot, be sure to reserve a table by contacting them through the WhatsApp number provided on their Instagram page. Enjoy your tango experience!
Instagram
Hello Buenos Aires!

My husband and I are planning to visit Buenos Aires in February 2024 and have a keen interest in taking a tango class followed by a milonga experience in the San Telmo area. We've come across offers on booking platforms that start from USD150 per person, and that seems a bit steep. Any recommendations or suggestions for more budget-friendly options would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Back