Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Taxis in BA with Family - safe? 2024

Mady

Hello,

During our stay in Buenos Aires with our two children, I came across advice in online forums suggesting that it's advisable to hire taxis from the kiosks after customs to avoid potential scams.

I'm curious about the process for hiring taxis within the city. How does one go about it? Do you have any recommendations for reputable companies? Given our limited experience in South America, I've read about the importance of being vigilant. Could you provide insights into the safety of taxis based on recent experiences?

Thank you!

When arriving at the airport or other ports, it is indeed recommended to opt for Taxi or Remis services from official stands or pre-booked arrangements.

Within Buenos Aires, you can confidently hail a taxi, and it's generally considered safe. Alternatively, some individuals prefer using Uber as another viable option in the city. We personally found comfort in hailing taxis, as the drivers were familiar with the city streets, and many of them were friendly and provided helpful information. Wishing you an enjoyable stay in this captivating country.

As Ricrado mentioned, hailing a taxi in the city is a safe and reliable option. If you feel more comfortable, you can always request your hotel or restaurant to arrange a taxi for you.

When you arrive at EZE, it's recommended to use a car service like Taxi Ezezia available right in the terminal; there's no necessity to pre-book. Additionally, the return trip to EZE tends to be more cost-effective. You might want to consider using a service like https://www.taxiezeizaoficial.com.

Hello,

During our stay in Buenos Aires with our two children, I came across advice in online forums suggesting that it's advisable to hire taxis from the kiosks after customs to avoid potential scams.

I'm curious about the process for hiring taxis within the city. How does one go about it? Do you have any recommendations for reputable companies? Given our limited experience in South America, I've read about the importance of being vigilant. Could you provide insights into the safety of taxis based on recent experiences?

Thank you!
Hi Mady,
Below, I provide you with the link containing detailed information about the automotive transportation services available in Buenos Aires, such as Uber, Cabify, Didi, cabs, among others. There you will be able to solve all the doubts you may have regarding these mobility options in the city.

I remain at your disposal for any further questions or clarification you may need.

Thanks ! Good to know about safety and thanks for sharing your experiences and advice, this forum is really great!

Back