Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink The best Malbec in the world is Argentine

You can get decent wine for much less than 9,000 pesos. My friend was buying brands like Nampe Malbec and it was less than 3,000 pesos!
While wine was very affordable. It should be mentioned, there are also some more expensive bottles of wine. We were at Don Julio with my husband's work colleagues and we had several $100 USD bottles of wine too. They were excellent but after reading all of these posts on cheap wines I feel cheated now we paid so much on expensive vintages that my husband's colleagues selected. The company paid the bill so maybe that is why they selected them.

While wine was very affordable. It should be mentioned, there are also some more expensive bottles of wine. We were at Don Julio with my husband's work colleagues and we had several $100 USD bottles of wine too. They were excellent but after reading all of these posts on cheap wines I feel cheated now we paid so much on expensive vintages that my husband's colleagues selected. The company paid the bill so maybe that is why they selected them.
sounds like tourist price, check the prices on the groceries stores and compare.

sounds like tourist price, check the prices on the groceries stores and compare.
Yes Don Julio has tourists that will pay any price. I do think the steaks there are wonderful. I went with some friends in town that wanted to go and had reservation for 2 months.

It was all tourists mostly speaking English at all the tables around me. Wine prices there marked up. On some higher end bottles mark up is more pronounced.

Back