Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer The best places to visit with your family

MarksBHF

Last November, I had the opportunity to visit Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I explored several malls and stores. I suggest these places if you are looking for options to buy clothing, accessories or just enjoying the argentine culture:

Feria de San Telmo: In Buenos Aires' oldest neighborhood, you'll find numerous attractions, including the market established in 1897 featuring structures designed by Gustavo Eiffel. Every Sunday, Plaza Dorrego hosts the antique fair, a tradition since 1970. Additionally, Defensa Street hosts a craft fair that extends all the way to Plaza de Mayo. It's a world waiting to be explored. As the afternoon unfolds, the vibrant beats of the candombe drums echo, inviting you to dance in the streets. Truly an experience not to be missed!

Ateneo Grand Splendid: It is a wonderful space to spend a pleasant time exploring books and admiring its architecture. Initially a theater transformed into a bookstore, it also becomes an enchanting setting for capturing memorable photographs. The range of books available is impressive, covering all literary tastes, and in addition, in the basement, you will find a collection of records. It is ideal for enjoying pleasant moments or spending a quiet Sunday afternoon.

Galerias Pacifico: An extremely beautiful structure that deserves to be appreciated. This site houses stores of renowned national and international brands. It stands out for its care and cleanliness. In addition, it has a varied food court that offers multiple options. It is a must-see place, located on Florida Street.

Centro Cultural Recoleta: Conocida por sus mansiones de estilo francés que reflejan su pasado aristocrático, Recoleta se presenta como la verdadera París del sur. Recorrer este barrio es una experiencia única en Buenos Aires.

Patio Bullrich: It is a charming place, full of prestigious brands. Although everything is quite expensive, it is still attractive, especially for tourists. It has two entrances, one on Libertador Avenue and the other on Posadas Avenue, in the Recoleta area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow there really is a lot to visit! thanks for sharing this report of places, I will be arriving in Buenos Aires in a few days and this helps me to plan my outings and tours.

I visited the Recoleta Cultural Center last weekend, and I absolutely loved the place. The atmosphere is excellent and very welcoming, making it a perfect spot for a family outing to have a good time together. Moreover, they organize various activities that you can participate in, adding to the overall entertainment.

I highly recommend it!

Back