Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics The Justice system ordered to block the Free Football sites

CecilM

How malicious of the government and authorities to block free football sites just before the uruguay-colombia match. was it necessary to do this right now? people are trying to distract themselves, and football is their escape. many can't afford cable subscriptions; it's really selfish, honestly, and how quickly they acted!

Cybercrimes: a green light to block those who broadcast football matches for free... now, to unblock a phone or follow leads to find child trafficking, well, thanks, but "business days" apply there...😡

• Sad
Reactions: Val
Before this happened, I heard the statements made a few days ago by Bielsa, the coach of Uruguay (who, by the way, is Argentine). He said that the only joy for the poor is watching free football...

People are calling for his release and even raising money to pay his bail. In the end, football is just another business. I understand that he was breaking the law, but doesn't the government think that some things should change and become more inclusive? How is it possible that yesterday's match could only be watched on DirecTV?

Apparently, it was due to a complaint from DirecTV, although many don't know that "Futbol Libre" was a very popular platform among Argentinians. That's why everyone is so angry. I think the government should step in and implement some measures that benefit the people. It's true that the current system is very exclusive... we'll see.

Back