Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer This year there will be only 8 corsos in the streets and the cuts will be reduced by more than 40%. - CARNAVAL

TripMe

As part of his commitment to reorganize the City's road infrastructure, the Head of the Buenos Aires Government, Jorge Macri, informed that this year there will be a reduction to eight in the number of street carnival parades, with a consequent decrease in the total closures that previously affected the city's inhabitants.

In the previous period, 22 street parades were executed, which represents a 64% reduction for this year. Likewise, from the 111 festive street parades recorded in 2023, only 60 will now take place. In terms of maximum closures per night, there will be a decrease from 47 last year to a limit of 27 this year. Similarly, from 347 total street closures in 2023, it will be reduced to 198, equivalent to 43% less.

In addition to the eight parades scheduled in the streets and avenues, six events will be organized in different squares and one in the Polideportivo Colegiales. The street parades will take place in the neighborhoods of Boedo, Mataderos, Villa Pueyrredón, Villa Urquiza, Saavedra, Villa Crespo, Pompeya and Villa Lugano. On the other hand, the six events in squares will be held at Parque Lezama Amphitheater (San Telmo), Plaza Ricchieri (Devoto), Plaza Unidad Latinoamericana (Palermo), Plaza Unidad Nacional (Villa Lugano), Plaza Martín Fierro (San Cristóbal) and Plaza Irlanda (Flores/Caballito).

These determinations arose after a joint work with various sectors to define the number of parades and their locations, with the aim of minimizing the inconvenience to neighbors who will not participate in these events.

This step represents a further advance in the task of ordering the streets of the City and ensure that the enjoyment is accessible to all.

1707132256199.png

As part of his commitment to reorganize the City's road infrastructure, the Head of the Buenos Aires Government, Jorge Macri, informed that this year there will be a reduction to eight in the number of street carnival parades, with a consequent decrease in the total closures that previously affected the city's inhabitants.

In the previous period, 22 street parades were executed, which represents a 64% reduction for this year. Likewise, from the 111 festive street parades recorded in 2023, only 60 will now take place. In terms of maximum closures per night, there will be a decrease from 47 last year to a limit of 27 this year. Similarly, from 347 total street closures in 2023, it will be reduced to 198, equivalent to 43% less.

In addition to the eight parades scheduled in the streets and avenues, six events will be organized in different squares and one in the Polideportivo Colegiales. The street parades will take place in the neighborhoods of Boedo, Mataderos, Villa Pueyrredón, Villa Urquiza, Saavedra, Villa Crespo, Pompeya and Villa Lugano. On the other hand, the six events in squares will be held at Parque Lezama Amphitheater (San Telmo), Plaza Ricchieri (Devoto), Plaza Unidad Latinoamericana (Palermo), Plaza Unidad Nacional (Villa Lugano), Plaza Martín Fierro (San Cristóbal) and Plaza Irlanda (Flores/Caballito).

These determinations arose after a joint work with various sectors to define the number of parades and their locations, with the aim of minimizing the inconvenience to neighbors who will not participate in these events.

This step represents a further advance in the task of ordering the streets of the City and ensure that the enjoyment is accessible to all.

View attachment 2097
Such a nice carnival week they were having these years. I hope this does not affect the shows or the fun of these days.

Such a nice carnival week they were having these years. I hope this does not affect the shows or the fun of these days.

I think it will be the same as always but more concentrated in the zones. This year I am going to spend a few days in Brazil and then come to Argentina to see some Carnival events!

I think it will be the same as always but more concentrated in the zones. This year I am going to spend a few days in Brazil and then come to Argentina to see some Carnival events!
I agree with you. For me this year the shows are going to be longer since the zones that are no longer there are going to go to other zones to fill in!

View attachment 2097

Here is another thread that also talks about the reduction of carnival and concentration!!

Back