Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Thread: President Javier Milei - Decree of Necessity and Urgency (DNU) in real-time

Congratulations to President Milei and his team. Imagine how much of a difference he can make if Argentina just let's him lead.

Congratulations to President Milei and his team. Imagine how much of a difference he can make if Argentina just let's him lead.

I agree. Good article as well. We will see who the people blame if this doesn't work out. People need to realize, Milei inherited this mess.

This wasn't difficult to predict. Argentina will become paralyzed with Milei as President.

Well having a budget surplus sure seems to me like he is doing something right! That hasn't happened in a long time!

As the article says (and with most issues in Argentina) the problems stems from CFK/Fernandez administrations

It all originates from a mistake made by the previous management . Due to the increase in prices and the refusal of the Cristina Kirchner/Alberto Fernández tandem to validate the creation of banknotes of much higher denominations than the current ones, the State printing press, Casa de Moneda, cannot supply the cash that the country needs.

As the article says (and with most issues in Argentina) the problems stems from CFK/Fernandez administrations

It all originates from a mistake made by the previous management . Due to the increase in prices and the refusal of the Cristina Kirchner/Alberto Fernández tandem to validate the creation of banknotes of much higher denominations than the current ones, the State printing press, Casa de Moneda, cannot supply the cash that the country needs.

Yikes! One thing Milei was right about is there literally is NO DINERO. I can't wait until the 20,000 peso notes come! But it sounds like Argentina's state printing press owes everyone around the world and it can't even afford to pay for the paper to print these bills on.

Milei is on the road again. Too bad he doesn't spend more time in Argentina dealing with all our problems. He and Trump are like two peas in a pod.

You are acting as if this is a bad thing. He is working on foreign relations with powerful allies. International community is all raving what a great job Milei is doing.

And the USA government is coming to Argentina as well to further relations. This is a Good thing!

Milei is on the road again. Too bad he doesn't spend more time in Argentina dealing with all our problems. He and Trump are like two peas in a pod.

I'm not sure how anyone can try to argue that Milei is not doing a great job. This quote pretty much sums things up!

"The market is becoming very optimistic about Javier Milei's conviction,"

It is upbeat to see so much great press about Milei around the world. Sometimes it is difficult to just hear locals how things are going. Everyone around the world is calling Milei a "hero".

I saw this in the other thread and it was on the topic of DNU's. Too many posts in this section seem to be just ranting about President Milei.

Back