Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Tomorrow, May 9th, the country will come to a standstill - National strike

All was fine yesterday. 40% of buses running like normal. Just about every single store I visited was open for business. Gas stations open, all supermarkets, restaurants, cafes. Uber did not even have surge pricing at all. Everything was normal. This entire thing was very political.

It was indeed an unsuccessful strike with minimal participation. Many people went to work as usual. I only regret the inconvenience for those who wanted to attend their jobs but couldn't.

It was indeed an unsuccessful strike with minimal participation. Many people went to work as usual. I only regret the inconvenience for those who wanted to attend their jobs but couldn't.

These union head clowns can't figure out that people are finally ready for change. They should give Milei a chance to try his methods and if they don't work by next year then they can do more strikes but they aren't helping anyone.

All this is very political. Even news is all biased based on if they are to the left or right. I laugh sometimes as I read news articles and it's spun completely the other way.

And wonderful of this company to not join in on the strike. I hope more and more companies are like this.

According to this article it says Milei's father is part owner in DOTA?

And wonderful of this company to not join in on the strike. I hope more and more companies are like this.

What an interesting read, Betsy! I learned a lot from that article.

I agree! I am a long time lurker but finally signed up today. I lived in BA over 20 years ago and haven't been back since but always wanted to come back to visit. My heart goes out to all those suffering. This website has the best information on what is happening in BA. Every day I read new articles and I hope to come back and visit again this year.

According to this article it says Milei's father is part owner in DOTA?

He was, until 2007, as per the article. He was a bus driver.

I agree! I am a long time lurker but finally signed up today. I lived in BA over 20 years ago and haven't been back since but always wanted to come back to visit. My heart goes out to all those suffering. This website has the best information on what is happening in BA. Every day I read new articles and I hope to come back and visit again this year.
Yeah, get back down here soon! Where are you now?

He was, until 2007, as per the article. He was a bus driver.
Interesting. So it sounds like Milei did come from $$$. I mistakenly thought he came from more humble family but I guess if he is getting all of these dogs cloned for many years he must have some family $$.

Yes it was fascinating. It was also a good lesson in perseverance and hard work too.

Good to see lurkers convert into registered members. I know most sites are mostly lurkers that don't contribute. Hopefully, you share some of your experiences even if it was long ago.
Interesting. So it sounds like Milei did come from $$$. I mistakenly thought he came from more humble family but I guess if he is getting all of these dogs cloned for many years he must have some family $$.

Like many Argentines they are very private about their wealth. Many of my Argentine friends have a lot of money but you wouldn't know it other than where they live and their vacations abroad. His father sounds like he was a very hard worker if he was a former bus driver and then owned part of the company.

Back