Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Touring and eating in a palace "Palacio Paz"

Antoni 23

A little of its history.Around 1890, Dr. José Camilo Paz, Argentine journalist and politician, founder of the newspaper La Prensa, commissioned the French architect Louis-Marie Henri Sortais to design this imposing palace (formerly Palacio Paz) as a residence for his family. The building, one of the main exponents of the French academicist style in the city, began to be built at the beginning of the 20th century under the direction of the engineer Carlos Agote. Its owner died in 1912 and never saw the completion of the work, which was inaugurated two years later. His wife and children lived in the palace until 1938, when it was acquired as the headquarters of the Círculo Militar (an Army club) and the Museo de Armas de la Nación.

There you can also take a guided tour where they show you around the palace and tell you a little more about its history. After that I recommend you to Lunch, snack or dinner in a palace in the restaurant "Croque Madame". In the restaurant Salón del Palacio you will be able to enjoy the varied options of our menu in a unique historical space that will turn your lunch, snack or dinner into an unmissable plan.

More info: https://www.circulomilitar.org.ar/index.php/sede-central/

Is a expensive restaurant? Do I have to make a reservation to go?

A little of its history.Around 1890, Dr. José Camilo Paz, Argentine journalist and politician, founder of the newspaper La Prensa, commissioned the French architect Louis-Marie Henri Sortais to design this imposing palace (formerly Palacio Paz) as a residence for his family. The building, one of the main exponents of the French academicist style in the city, began to be built at the beginning of the 20th century under the direction of the engineer Carlos Agote. Its owner died in 1912 and never saw the completion of the work, which was inaugurated two years later. His wife and children lived in the palace until 1938, when it was acquired as the headquarters of the Círculo Militar (an Army club) and the Museo de Armas de la Nación.

There you can also take a guided tour where they show you around the palace and tell you a little more about its history. After that I recommend you to Lunch, snack or dinner in a palace in the restaurant "Croque Madame". In the restaurant Salón del Palacio you will be able to enjoy the varied options of our menu in a unique historical space that will turn your lunch, snack or dinner into an unmissable plan.

More info: https://www.circulomilitar.org.ar/index.php/sede-central/

Located on the second floor is the Croque Madame Palacio Paz Dining Room. It can also be found in the gardens of the palace.
In the restaurant you can enjoy the varied options of the menu in a unique historical space that will make your lunch, snack or dinner a must. You can go and maybe find a place but when I went there it was almost full so I recommend you to book before you go.
Is a expensive restaurant? Do I have to make a reservation to go?

Back