Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Vaccine for Yellow Fever in Buenos Aires

chesterL

We plan to journey through South America for a few weeks and require a yellow fever vaccine before continuing our travels to South Africa. As US citizens, we've contacted Stamboulian, but they won't administer the vaccine without a medical order from an Argentine doctor. Are there any alternative locations where our family can obtain the vaccination without the need for a medical order from an Argentine doctor? We can readily obtain an order from our US doctor if necessary.

However, Stamboulian has travel doctors available, and you need to schedule an appointment with them. With their medical order, you can then receive the yellow fever vaccine. That's how it worked for me a few years ago when I did the same for my trip to South Africa.

Attempting to access a government vaccination center without an appointment might not be feasible. Instead, you can explore options such as reaching out to the center directly to inquire about the possibility of receiving a vaccination without an appointment. Additionally, you may want to check with medical professionals at Stambulian or Rosso to determine the validity of your US prescription and seek a medical evaluation before vaccination to obtain a prescription if needed.

For more specific information, you can visit the provided link;

https://www.google.com/search?sca_e...5&shndl=-1&shem=lsp&source=sh/x/kp/local/m1/1

or contact the relevant authorities for guidance on vaccination procedures and requirements.

I inquired with Stambulian via WhatsApp, and they informed me that they do not provide medical prescription services; one must already have a prescription in hand.

I just verified on Stamboulian's WhatsApp, and it appears that all you need to do is schedule an appointment with a travel doctor. During the appointment, the doctor will provide you with a prescription for the vaccine.

Back