Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Via Flaminia - The longest ice cream in the world

Mistik

Today, the Acassuso ice cream parlor is known for its "pinitos" of at least 60 centimeters.

On the corner of Avenida del Libertador and General Justo José de Urquiza, with a wide sidewalk on the corner, is one of the most emblematic ice cream parlors in Buenos Aires. It is not only known for being the meeting place of celebrities, politicians and even the place where one of the most remembered robberies in Argentine history took place, but also for its unique ice cream of almost 1 meter. Via Flaminia is an icon of the industry that has been in business for more than 50 years under the leadership of the founding family.

1707391716236.png

The place is very picturesque, the service is fast, the consistency of the ice cream is perfect and the flavor has something special. However, some tastes like the Tramontana, for example, could be improved (more dulce de leche, more cookie balls). There are some tastes more watery and others more creamy. To make the 60 cm ice cream I recommend asking for creamier tastes so the experience is unique!

Today, the Acassuso ice cream parlor is known for its "pinitos" of at least 60 centimeters.

On the corner of Avenida del Libertador and General Justo José de Urquiza, with a wide sidewalk on the corner, is one of the most emblematic ice cream parlors in Buenos Aires. It is not only known for being the meeting place of celebrities, politicians and even the place where one of the most remembered robberies in Argentine history took place, but also for its unique ice cream of almost 1 meter. Via Flaminia is an icon of the industry that has been in business for more than 50 years under the leadership of the founding family.

View attachment 2195

The place is very picturesque, the service is fast, the consistency of the ice cream is perfect and the flavor has something special. However, some tastes like the Tramontana, for example, could be improved (more dulce de leche, more cookie balls). There are some tastes more watery and others more creamy. To make the 60 cm ice cream I recommend asking for creamier tastes so the experience is unique!
I have to try it the next time I go. I had seen a news item about this place that a long time ago had won a record for the longest ice cream. Are they very expensive?

Eating the longest ice cream in the world is a nice experience but there are artisan ice cream parlors with better taste. I feel it is too watery than creamy. I still recommend it, it's not ugly!

Back