Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer What are some must-see attractions or hidden gems in BA?

Rose Mary

Hello everyone! I've just moved to this beautiful country for work reasons and I'm living in Palermo. Since I've recently arrived, I've been exploring the city like a good tourist. I've already visited several places recommended to me, such as museums, Recoleta Cemetery, and some restaurants. However, I'd love some tips on places that you found interesting, even if they're not so well-known. Thanks in advance!

Hello Rose Mary! When I was in BA, I visited San Telmo Market and absolutely loved it. You can find restaurants, street food stalls, and explore the arts and antiques fair. Walking through its picturesque streets is a wonderful experience. Plus, there are plenty of great bars in the area. Here's a thread with more information about this place. Hope this helps!

If you're interested in learning about the culture, typical food, and customs of the country, I highly recommend visiting the Mataderos Fair. It's a true piece of history where you'll encounter traditional gauchos on horseback and experience folklore firsthand. It's a must-see!

It's a great time to visit the Japanese Garden, located in Palermo. Here’s a thread with all the information. I say it's the best time to go because the cherry blossom trees, known as sakuras, are in full bloom. It's a beautiful sight to see and capture, in addition to the picturesque landscape of the garden.

It's a great time to visit the Japanese Garden, located in Palermo. Here’s a thread with all the information. I say it's the best time to go because the cherry blossom trees, known as sakuras, are in full bloom. It's a beautiful sight to see and capture, in addition to the picturesque landscape of the garden.

One of my favorite places to go. It's especially beautiful when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Right in the city but feels like an oasis.

Back