Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer What are the most dog-friendly Cafes/Restaurants in BA?

mayer

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for recommendations for the most dog-friendly cafes and restaurants in Buenos Aires. I love taking my dog with me when I go out, and I would really appreciate any suggestions for places that welcome pets and offer a good experience for both the owners and their furry friends. If you have any favorite spots or know of places with good outdoor seating areas, please share.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi! I went to Alice's Tea House when I was in BA (is in san Telmo). The atmosphere is pleasant, the prices are reasonable, they have several snack options, and the people are friendly and warm. The service is fast. I saw people there with their pets, and something very important is that they have vegan and gluten-free options. I recommend it.

I don't mind dogs but I have a few friends that are allergic to dogs. What happens at these restaurants when this happens? Do they just move tables? Personally when I eat, I prefer that animals aren't around but probably wouldn't mind just one dog but if a place is all full of dogs while I'm eating I'm not sure I'd like that.

I don't mind dogs but I have a few friends that are allergic to dogs. What happens at these restaurants when this happens? Do they just move tables? Personally when I eat, I prefer that animals aren't around but probably wouldn't mind just one dog but if a place is all full of dogs while I'm eating I'm not sure I'd like that.
If I were allergic to dogs, I wouldn't go to a pet-friendly café or restaurant. They usually have a sign at the entrance indicating that they allow animals, and most of them also promote it on their Instagram pages. :)

Back