Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

What place has the best medialunas in Buenos Aires?

There are so many great places in BA. My favorite is La Mantaqueria. I go to the one in Recoleta but I think they have a few locations now. Amazing!

IG: https://www.instagram.com/lamantequeria_recoleta/

In Recoleta on Las Heras / Ayacucho

I have been here and you're right the medialunas are fabulous here. So buttery.

We tried many places and they were all good. Some were fresher than other places. We liked Dos Escudos a lot in Recoleta on Montevideo street near the Park Hyatt hotel.

This place has great medialunas and a great bakery. My friend told me it's been there a while.

I also like Pertutti. It has been around forever too.

We tried many places and they were all good. Some were fresher than other places. We liked Dos Escudos a lot in Recoleta on Montevideo street near the Park Hyatt hotel.

This is a great bakery. Actually that is the bakery that my wife and I went to as it was our neighborhood bakery and we lived around the corner. They do have great medialunas but I still think that the one I mentioned above is the best. It's only been around a few years but their recipe is amazing!

This place is a bit off the beaten path in Belgrano but one of our favorites!

Amasadero.

You mean the one on Balbín? We walked by it last month and spotted what looked like very nice croissants. We tried both, chocolate and plain, and they were really nice, super fresh. Very close to the ones made in France. The butter flavor is just right. The breads looked interesting, but already had bread at home.

This is a great bakery. Actually that is the bakery that my wife and I went to as it was our neighborhood bakery and we lived around the corner. They do have great medialunas but I still think that the one I mentioned above is the best. It's only been around a few years but their recipe is amazing!

We are SO lucky. During the summer, we lived a block from the Alvear Plaza Hotel and discovered Dos Escudos, a couple of blocks away. Now we have a Dos Escudos just one block from us. There should be a Dos Escudos in every single neighborhood in every single city around the world. That good it is.

You mean the one on Balbín? We walked by it last month and spotted what looked like very nice croissants. We tried both, chocolate and plain, and they were really nice, super fresh. Very close to the ones made in France. The butter flavor is just right. The breads looked interesting, but already had bread at home.
Yes! Exactly the same one I'm talking about. If you look on Google you can see they have very very high ratings. The bread there is very good. Some places have a bad day but never ever got anything bad here. Always very fresh.

We are SO lucky. During the summer, we lived a block from the Alvear Plaza Hotel and discovered Dos Escudos, a couple of blocks away. Now we have a Dos Escudos just one block from us. There should be a Dos Escudos in every single neighborhood in every single city around the world. That good it is.
Totally agree! Very good quality and they are always friendly there. We also go there as well and always fresh and delicious!

Thanks, Betsy, for sharing that link. I looked at their photos on Google maps. Wow, the skill of that baker! I'll drag hubby that way this coming week. Can't wait.
You're welcome! If you like sour dough bread try it out. It is the best in Buenos Aires. All of their breads are very good. They don't do mass volume and they can run out quickly so go in the morning. But let me know what you think. There are a lot of bakeries in this city but many aren't that great or don't take pride in what they offer. This is the rare exception.

Back