Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Economy What will the cost of living increases be for August 2024 (Utilities, transportation, rent, etc) ?

This is the reason we moved down here. We have had a lot of inflation in the USA too. It is nothing like they portray on the news with low inflation. Everything is very expensive in many places in the USA. The last straw was we couldn't easily insure our home as many companies are leaving the state so our insurance premium went up 200%!
Very true @Twin City! I just received notification that my insurance company is leaving California. Same thing is happening all over Florida too. Not looking forward to getting my new quote.

According to a recent report, a typical family must earn $1,450,239.59 to be considered middle class, a 4.26% increase from July. It seems like such a small amount for a family of four.

According to a recent report, a typical family must earn $1,450,239.59 to be considered middle class, a 4.26% increase from July. It seems like such a small amount for a family of four.

But on the flip side then if only $1,075 USD per month is middle class salary for a family of 4. So does that mean if you're only single or married with no kids you can be middle class for a fraction of that amount? That must be true as the median income is so low there. So really how much do you need to be middle class if you're single?

This figure reflects the harsh reality many are facing. It's clear how Argentinians are adapting to cope with the crisis. Many people are buying less or switching brands to adjust their budgets. This trend shows the real impact of the economic situation on people's daily lives.

Get ready to open your wallets, another hike in telecommunications is coming, affecting phone, internet, and cable TV services. We all know that price increases from companies like Personal, Movistar, and Claro are rarely small; they usually hit people’s wallets hard and negatively impact the economy.

Back