Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer What's the nightlife like in Buenos Aires and wich bars/clubs are worth visiting?

I was in Buenos Aires last month and had the chance to go to Uptown Bar, located in Palermo. They serve really good drinks, the decor is amazing, and out of all the clubs I visited, this one was the most fun. After a certain hour, they start playing music for dancing. It’s a very popular spot, so I recommend going early. In summary, great drinks, good music, and an awesome atmosphere. I highly recommend it!

Here's a thread that might be helpful; it lists the top 10 most popular bars. I hope you enjoy the nightlife in BA!

I was in Buenos Aires last month and had the chance to go to Uptown Bar, located in Palermo. They serve really good drinks, the decor is amazing, and out of all the clubs I visited, this one was the most fun. After a certain hour, they start playing music for dancing. It’s a very popular spot, so I recommend going early. In summary, great drinks, good music, and an awesome atmosphere. I highly recommend it!

Thank you. I checked this place out and it was very cool!

Here's a thread that might be helpful; it lists the top 10 most popular bars. I hope you enjoy the nightlife in BA!

Thank you! I have been to some of those places and enjoyed them but I will check it out.

Might be useful to give us some idea of your personal interests and what you are looking for.

And which part of town you live in.

Enjoy Bs As!
Hi @GlasgowJohn. It looks like many of these listed places are restaurant/bars. What about clubs/discos to go to? I heard they are really late but what are the popular clubs that people go to? I am in Palermo but I am open to go to any places. I heard some are in Costanera? I can go anywhere but I wanted to see what you all recommend.

I'm in my late 30's. Is that too old for these clubs? Are they mostly younger people?

I found this list but didn't know if they are still relevant or hip? I heard many things change very quickly here.

Thank you. I checked this place out and it was very cool!

Thank you! I have been to some of those places and enjoyed them but I will check it out.

Hi @GlasgowJohn. It looks like many of these listed places are restaurant/bars. What about clubs/discos to go to? I heard they are really late but what are the popular clubs that people go to? I am in Palermo but I am open to go to any places. I heard some are in Costanera? I can go anywhere but I wanted to see what you all recommend.

I'm in my late 30's. Is that too old for these clubs? Are they mostly younger people?

I found this list but didn't know if they are still relevant or hip? I heard many things change very quickly here.
What kind of music do you like? There are techno places like Crobar. Just be forewarned it gets VERY crowded and many of the people are all high on drugs. Not sure if that is your scene or not. I went with my friend and he got his cellphone stolen. He doesn't remember when it got stolen but always had it in his front pocket.

The Bow is also popular too.

What kind of music do you like?
I’ve read that the nightlife in Buenos Aires is some of the best, with parties, dancing, and late nights. Argentinians have a vibrant party spirit, and I’d love to experience it. I'm especially interested in places where I can dance to reggaeton and cumbia :) (which is very popular here and I’d love to try). I just want to fully immerse myself in the lively Latin music scene and experience the nightlife in all its glory.

A great option might be "The Sky Porto Disco", is in Palermo. I've been there a couple of times, and it's known for having the best "cachengue" (that's what the locals call a fun, upbeat music vibe for dancing). They play all kinds of music there, including cumbia and reggaeton, so I think you'll have a great time.

A great option might be "The Sky Porto Disco", is in Palermo. I've been there a couple of times, and it's known for having the best "cachengue" (that's what the locals call a fun, upbeat music vibe for dancing). They play all kinds of music there, including cumbia and reggaeton, so I think you'll have a great time.

I find that Reggaeton annoying but to each their own.

Back