Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Where can I find the best deals on clothing and accesories?

samanthaa

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum. I arrived in Buenos Aires just a few weeks ago and will be staying for about six months. I'm wondering if any of you know where I can find good deals on clothing and accessories. My apartment is in Palermo, but I'm open to exploring other neighborhoods. I've been to Alto Palermo shopping mall, but everything seemed quite expensive. I've heard there are places where locals find great deals and good quality items. I hope you can help me out! Thanks in advance.

Hi Samanthaa,
I'm lucky to have a local friend who knows all the best spots for great deals on clothes and accessories. She introduced me to Avellaneda Street in the Flores neighborhood, which is a hotspot known for its countless shops and fantastic prices. It's home to major wholesale clothing centers in the country, but they also sell retail. You can find everything there from big brands to more affordable options. My tip: avoid Saturdays—it gets super crowded. It's best to go early, around 8 am when the stores open. It's become a must-visit for me whenever I'm in town, thanks to my friend who knows the area like the back of her hand!

Oh yes! My wife often goes there with her local friends. During her last visit to Flores, she bought clothes for everyone: for our little daughter, for me, and for herself, all of very good quality and at excellent prices. I remember she once showed me a video where an influencer compared clothing and prices from Zara with the exact same items in Flores, and the price difference was enormous! It's very popular here; in fact, people from all provinces come on weekends to do large-scale shopping for their own clothing stores.

Hi Samanthaa,
I'm lucky to have a local friend who knows all the best spots for great deals on clothes and accessories. She introduced me to Avellaneda Street in the Flores neighborhood, which is a hotspot known for its countless shops and fantastic prices. It's home to major wholesale clothing centers in the country, but they also sell retail. You can find everything there from big brands to more affordable options. My tip: avoid Saturdays—it gets super crowded. It's best to go early, around 8 am when the stores open. It's become a must-visit for me whenever I'm in town, thanks to my friend who knows the area like the back of her hand!

Isn't Flores kind of sketchy?

Oh yes! My wife often goes there with her local friends. During her last visit to Flores, she bought clothes for everyone: for our little daughter, for me, and for herself, all of very good quality and at excellent prices. I remember she once showed me a video where an influencer compared clothing and prices from Zara with the exact same items in Flores, and the price difference was enormous! It's very popular here; in fact, people from all provinces come on weekends to do large-scale shopping for their own clothing stores.

I used to go there often, but the big issue in Flores right now is the street vendors who are everywhere, sometimes blocking the sidewalks. They really should regulate this because it not only hinders pedestrians but also harms local businesses with unfair competition. It used to be cleaner and more organized, and you could walk peacefully along the sidewalks.

I've seen those videos comparing prices, I definitely have to go to Flores.

I've found good deals at Distrito Los Arcos. You can check out their Instagram to see when they have promotions and discounts. The clothing there is top quality.

I've found good deals at Distrito Los Arcos. You can check out their Instagram to see when they have promotions and discounts. The clothing there is top quality.

They have nice stuff there but I've always found the prices very expensive. I usually wait to go to the USA to buy clothes. They are crazy expensive here.

Back