Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Apartment Rental Apartment for a Newbie

Many thanks, earlyretirement - this listing looks like good value and I will be contacting the owner for verification. The bathroom in photo number 21 might however pose a bit of a challenge for someone with wide hips!

Ha, ha. Yes, the bathrooms here sometimes are challenging. Not built for fat Americans. Also, as you mentioned, "verification". I can't vouch for anything. I like Airbnb as you have risk free. If it's a bait and switch you just leave. Airbnb always protects you. I've found the vast majority of locals are scammers or will cheat you in some way. Especially if they see you've never been there and a foreigner. They won't care you have a wife and kids.

Good luck. Play around with ZonaProp. There aren't many listings but still worth checking out. If you get to a point, where you need someone local to verify it, let me know. I have people you can pay to go see it.

Also Dominic, I DM'd you the WhatsApp # of my dear friend and trusted realtor. I've used him for 15 years. He is well connected and very ethical and honest. Ask him to ask around as well. Good luck. I know how it is traveling with a wife and kids.

Back