Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Sports Argentina Open 2024 - For tennis lovers

Cariba

Administrator
Staff member
Buenos Aires ATP

The 24th edition of the tennis tournament with the most history and prestige in South America arrives

1706646019780.png

When?
From February 10 to 18, 2024

Where?
Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club. 1510 Olleros Av. .

Like every year, the ATP World Tour lands in Buenos Aires. The Lawn Tennis Club is the venue where the men's singles and doubles tournaments are played on clay.
The IEB+ Argentina Open 2024 already has confirmation of the presence of Carlos Alcaraz, number 2 in the ATP Rankings, who will seek to retain the title after his consecration on the clay of Buenos Aires in February 2023. In addition, Francisco will be in the game Cerúndolo (21), Sebastián Báez (29) and Tomás Etcheverry (32), who make up the national Davis Cup team.
Cameron Norrie (22), Arthur Fils (34), Nicolás Jarry (18), Laslo Djere (33) will also compete. Added to these top-level figures is the participation of Stanislas Wawrinka, former world number 3 and champion of 3 Grand Slam tournaments, who returns to Argentina after 11 years.
One thing for you to keep in mind: Saturday the 10th and Sunday the 11th, starting at 12 noon, are the classifications and entry is free.

Some history​

The list of champions of the competition has names as illustrious as the Spanish world number 1 Rafael Nadal (13-time Roland Garros champion), Carlos Moyá (Roland Garros champion) and David Ferrer (No. 3 and three-time champion of the Argentina Open) , the Brazilian Gustavo Kuerten (three-time Roland Garros champion), as well as the Austrian Dominic Thiem (No. 3 and 2020 US Open champion).
Among Argentines, all those who have been crowned have been top ten, such as David Nalbandian (2005 Masters champion), Gastón Gaudio (2004 Roland Garros champion), Guillermo Coria (2004 Roland Garros finalist) and Juan Mónaco, in addition to last champion, Diego Schwartzman.

More Information and Tickets

Oh, I saw the video yesterday! It's going to be a great game! I'll be keeping an eye on the general public ticket sales because I tried to buy now, but it's only available for Santander customers.

Back