Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Blooming Jacaranda end of the month possible?

James22

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to visit Buenos Aires at the end of November, and I'm curious if anyone can give me an update on the blooming situation around that time.

Do you think it will be possible to witness their beautiful full bloom, considering I've seen them in videos and know they are a great attraction?

Thank you very much!

Hey James22, a jacaranda fan here!

I'm a bit uncertain about what to anticipate. The jacarandas were supposed to bloom in the first week of November, but so far, there's been no sign.

It seems the temperatures have been lower than usual, and we've also experienced quite a bit of rainfall, which isn't great for the delicate flowers.

Unfortunately, I don't have any positive updates to share at the moment.

Hey James22, a jacaranda fan here!

I'm a bit uncertain about what to anticipate. The jacarandas were supposed to bloom in the first week of November, but so far, there's been no sign.

It seems the temperatures have been lower than usual, and we've also experienced quite a bit of rainfall, which isn't great for the delicate flowers.

Unfortunately, I don't have any positive updates to share at the moment.
Sorry @Melibaires, I don't know where you are in Buenos Aires but I have seen that they have already started to bloom on Figueroa Alcorta avenue....
So @James22, you will be able to see them for sure! I hope you enjoy them because they are beautiful!🌷☘️

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to visit Buenos Aires at the end of November, and I'm curious if anyone can give me an update on the blooming situation around that time.

Do you think it will be possible to witness their beautiful full bloom, considering I've seen them in videos and know they are a great attraction?

Thank you very much!
Hi @James22! Indeed, Honey is right. Jacarandas usually bloom in early November and maintain their splendor for about two months. These beautiful purple flowers adorn the streets and parks, creating a charming and characteristic landscape of Buenos Aires during that season. Besides being a visual attraction, people often enjoy the shade provided by these trees.
Below I leave you the exact location of these beautiful trees so you can enjoy them to the fullest, although you will find them all over the city. So, as you explore the city, you will be surrounded by the dazzling beauty of the jacarandas, and I hope you have a wonderful time enjoying the nature and culture of Buenos Aires!

📍 Av. Figueroa Alcorta desde el Puente Peatonal de la Facultad de Derecho de la UBA, Recoleta.

📍Plaza San Martín, Retiro.

📍Diagonal Norte, San Nicolás.

📍Av. Forest, limite entre Belgrano y Villa Ortuzar.

📍Plaza Juan B. Terán, Villa Real.

📍Agüero y Las Heras, Recoleta.

📍Plaza Los Andes, Chacarita.

📍Av. Córdoba y Riobamba, Balvanera.

📍Av. Juan B. Justo, Villa Luro.

📍Av. Sarmiento y Figueroa Alcorta, Palermo.

📍 Parque Centenario, Caballito.

1701369426871.jpeg1701369446805.jpeg1701369510345.jpeg1701369539554.jpeg1701369574509.jpeg1701369602746.jpeg

I hope the info has been useful!!

Back