Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Is Argentina a good destination to work remotely?

jossie

Hello! I'm considering moving to Buenos Aires, Argentina to work remotely and I would like to hear some experiences, pros and cons...
thank you very much in advance.

Hello! here you have a thread that can be of great help

Hello!
Here is a blog of an expat living in BA as a digital nomade, there you will find a lot of important information that will help you to make a good decision. Good luck!

Buenos Aires is widely considered to be one of the best cities in the world for digital nomads. It is very cheap for all of you with the horrible economic situation.

Hiring in Argentina is a great deal for U.S. companies because it costs a lot less than hiring locally. There are plenty of skilled professionals here, especially in fields like tech and design, and for people in Argentina, the salary from a U.S. company is really appealing. It’s a win-win, companies save money, and local workers get a paycheck that goes a long way!

An Argentine making 3,000 USD a month here is basically living like a king! Haha

I’ve read that Argentine residents working for foreign companies are increasingly struggling to receive their payments. This is because many banks in the U.S. are closing accounts for Argentine residents, and some financial institutions no longer want to deal with them. The reason? They’re fed up with the transfers made through “cuevas” or intermediaries, transfers that can’t be fully justified.

I wonder if a capital amnesty could be the solution for many of these professionals to regularize part or all of their finances abroad, allowing them to focus on their work without worrying so much about banking issues. This could enable them to scale their businesses and increase their revenue.

I’ve read that Argentine residents working for foreign companies are increasingly struggling to receive their payments. This is because many banks in the U.S. are closing accounts for Argentine residents, and some financial institutions no longer want to deal with them. The reason? They’re fed up with the transfers made through “cuevas” or intermediaries, transfers that can’t be fully justified.

I wonder if a capital amnesty could be the solution for many of these professionals to regularize part or all of their finances abroad, allowing them to focus on their work without worrying so much about banking issues. This could enable them to scale their businesses and increase their revenue.

My girlfriend has accounts in the USA. None have gotten closed at all. Lots of Argentines have bank accounts in the USA. I met many people that opened accounts there. Maybe this is fake news to try to get people to take advantage of the amnesty.

From what I understand, they've changed the requirements. Previously, you only needed a minimum of $10,000 to open an account; now they require $50,000, which is a problem for many.

I wonder what the "15 banks" that have now restricted this are. My husband also has an account in the USA and has not had any problems. Also, several banks you can just pay a small monthly fee if you don't have a minimum balance. I doubt all banks are going to require Argentines to have $50,000 to order an account. Until I hear of specific banks I would say this is probably an exaggeration.

Back