Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Milei will present his book at Luna Park tomorrow....There will be surprises

He has been in power for 5 months. I am not totally convinced a book launch and a party are the right things to do at the moment.

Keep working and doing everything to get inflation down. Forget about the parties for now.
Yes that is what I don't understand. The party is far from over. It seems like he and his team are overly celebrating. A book? There is no telling if he will still be in office in one year or the people will run him out. Most people write books at the end of their terms not when they are just starting. I am glad you said this. I like some of you Milei supporters because you sound realistic. Thank you.

He has been in power for 5 months. I am not totally convinced a book launch and a party are the right things to do at the moment.

Keep working and doing everything to get inflation down. Forget about the parties for now.
I was wondering about this. It is hard to tell what the actual mood is there by people who live there. We only can go by the press which is different to understand. But all my friends in BA say it is very difficult and hard times ahead. Seems like a strange time to write a book when so much still left to do.

Mi querido amigo! Exactly! Milei has much work to do. People starving in the street. Poverty at all time high levels. Book launch? Olympic bids? Are these people crazy?

Maybe the strange thing is celebrating at a time when many people are struggling. In fact, explanations had to be given about how much would be spent on the event. I understand that patience is needed to see the results, but I believe now is not the right time to be celebrating.

Maybe the strange thing is celebrating at a time when many people are struggling. In fact, explanations had to be given about how much would be spent on the event. I understand that patience is needed to see the results, but I believe now is not the right time to be celebrating.

He said that this event will have no cost for the State.

People are celebrating that they have someone like Milei that is willing to finally fix Argentina after previous Presidents have robbed it. This IS worth celebrating. Look at the lines. People should be happy about this and inflation going lower.

I don't think it's necessarily a party. Book launch and I don't believe any government funds are used for this. I heard it's his book sales that are paying for it. People seem happy to be a part of this change. I don't think it is hurting anyone.

I am hearing more of this sort of thing from some friends that didn't vote for Milei. Some of them are coming around now and willing to see if he can turn it around. A few months ago they were dead set against the idea that he could improve things but now they feel like they need to rally around him. It is clear something special is going on.

Back