Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Milei's approval ratings are going up!

Many people are feeling hope for the first time. He is doing what he said he would do and many people believe that means that he will follow through with what he said. Inflation is also going down and people did not expect to see that. People are giving him a chance.

Those that hate him still hate him.
Sure I'm sure that many Peronists don't like him but has Argentina ever had a President so admired? I don't pretend to know. But my Novia's family said there has never been anything like Milei that is so loved and respected. Every time I watch the local news I only see people in the streets joyful.

The guy is seeing results and that's all that matters. Traction. I'm amazed at how many lower classes I see on the news that are supporting him. Almost admire the work he is doing fighting all the fraud. They can see for the first time someone really wants to help vs. enslave them.

So people need conflict in their lives to survive. Milei goes out and looks for conflict to be able to breathe.
Some people are like this. The way I would look at it is not so much he needs conflict to survive but Milei doesn't seem to be phased by it. He knew it would be a huge uphill battle to get where he is. He had a plan and trying to execute his plan. I still worry about a possible assassination or something like that as the changes he is making are huge. Not only for Argentina but for the region and globally too.

Milei probably knows all the risks he faces and he is rushing to do everything now while he has the chance. I think some things he is moving too quickly on but it sounds like at least his team is realizing they need to scale back on many things which is good to see.

Look at what they have done with inflation. It was a runaway train when he took over in December from the previous administration. We were looking at hyperinflation. Look at what it's done since. Then you will understand why his approval ratings are so high.

Give him time to get some of his other plans in action and you will see other improvements.

GSt3qfoXQAAPU1Z.jpeg

It looks like Milei's approval ratings are still very high. 53% still rating him good or very good.

View attachment 6707
In the suburbs, his image has declined.

1721325731849.jpeg

In the suburbs, his image has declined.

View attachment 6712

As the recession drags on it probably will start to go down. But inflation is tamed so maybe people will give him some more time. But many people have lost their jobs including a few people I know here and they say it's very difficult to find companies hiring now.

Saw this on X today. It shows that if the elections were held today for Presidency, that President Milei would have even more votes than before. Sounds like this scandal with Alberto is having an affect on the party.

GVTh6HUX0AAVIJt.jpeg

I am pleasantly surprised with the level of patience by everyone. Even though the austerity measures are extreme, people are willing to wait things out.

Back