Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Thread: President Javier Milei - Decree of Necessity and Urgency (DNU) in real-time

At least Milei is warning of some hard weeks to come. Sitution is getting worse with the economy.

This has been a good time for Milei and Sturzenegger to quickly push through many decrees.

This has been a good time for Milei and Sturzenegger to quickly push through many decrees.

Agree. This entire thing with Alberto has been a great distraction for people. Here was Milei today speaking at a real estate conference.

Very interesting video about President Milei's life. I didn't realize he was such a loner growing up. Explains why he is so close with his sister.

9 months in and we still have a lot of problems that haven't been solved.

9 months in and we still have a lot of problems that haven't been solved.

I keep hearing about progress that is being made in Argentina and then I will read articles like this that sound like not really much progress is being made.

This is a good read on what President Milei inherited and ways he is trying to fix things.

Milei has accomplished quite a bit when you consider how few he has in his political party. Some of the things he said he would do he has done. He gave his map of what he wanted to do and has stuck with it.

We will see how some of his vetoes go and if they can get 2/3 to override his veto. The problem is his actions have caused a bad recession. It is like there is a ticking time bomb. He is trying to do things quickly and they are painful but if new economic activity doesn't pick up very soon, people will turn on him. Many of these companies that pledge to invest in Argentina will take many years before you see that economic output.

President Milei gave a great speech last night night. He announced a zero deficit bill for 2025. Hopefully they hit it.

Here is another article about it which includes the police getting busted with the fake news about the tear gas.

Inflation has gone down but his actions have caused a horrible recession and the poor and middle class are suffering so much. Economy has gone to sh*t and getting worse.

Last edited:
Here is another article about it which includes the police getting busted with the fake news about the tear gas.

Inflation has gone down but his actions have caused a horrible recession and the poor and middle class are suffering so much. Economy has gone to sh*t and getting worse.

The budget is not realistic. Total fantasy. Negative net reserve of $5 billion USD. No plan how these things will happen.

The budget is not realistic. Total fantasy. Negative net reserve of $5 billion USD. No plan how these things will happen.
I was cautiously optimistic but I also don't believe it's realistic. Optimism and hope are starting to fall. Approval ratings are going down and will continue to go down as these austerity measures continue to affect more people. Elderly, students, and many other groups. I hope I am wrong but several people that I know that supported Milei now are regretting their vote.

I was cautiously optimistic but I also don't believe it's realistic. Optimism and hope are starting to fall. Approval ratings are going down and will continue to go down as these austerity measures continue to affect more people. Elderly, students, and many other groups. I hope I am wrong but several people that I know that supported Milei now are regretting their vote.
Milei's approval rating has fallen a little but not much. Here are some recent approval ratings. It's still about the same. Half the people love Milei and half absolutely hate him. But I agree with you @Vero that time is going to run out if things don't drastically improve in 2025.

GXsNF3qXUAIbLGw.jpeg

Back