Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer What is the best place to see the most beautiful sunset in Buenos Aires?

lovelyM

I'm eager to discover the city's most captivating sunset views. So far, I've only experienced the sunset at Puerto Madero, which was absolutely stunning. However, I'm looking to explore other spots around the city. Whether it's a renowned landmark, a hidden gem, or a rooftop offering panoramic vistas, I'm open to all suggestions. Where have you found the perfect vantage point to watch the sunset and capture unforgettable moments?

1718382781565.png

In Buenos Aires, one of the best places to watch a beautiful sunset is the Reserva Ecológica Costanera Sur. I went there by bike and stayed to watch the sunset. It really offers a clear view of the horizon and the Río de la Plata. I've also heard that another great spot for sunset is Playa de Vicente López in the northern part of the city. Additionally, I’ve seen that there are tours available to visit the best viewpoints in Buenos Aires. It's just a matter of finding them. I hope you can visit soon, it's highly recommended, especially if you're going with a partner. I don't want to get too romantic, LOL.

In Buenos Aires, one of the best places to watch a beautiful sunset is the Reserva Ecológica Costanera Sur. I went there by bike and stayed to watch the sunset. It really offers a clear view of the horizon and the Río de la Plata. I've also heard that another great spot for sunset is Playa de Vicente López in the northern part of the city. Additionally, I’ve seen that there are tours available to visit the best viewpoints in Buenos Aires. It's just a matter of finding them. I hope you can visit soon, it's highly recommended, especially if you're going with a partner. I don't want to get too romantic, LOL.

I also like this spot at Costanera. What tours do they have @legend?

I went with my friends to Olympo Sky Bar, the highest sky bar in Buenos Aires, located in the Lex Tower. We watched one of the best sunsets I've ever seen from the 31st floor, with a stunning 360-degree view of the entire city. We went for afternoon tea, but they also serve breakfast and dinner, and the prices are very reasonable. I highly recommend it!

1718385286131.jpeg

I also like this spot at Costanera. What tours do they have @legend?
Here's the link to BA's official site with all the tour info. They're all free; the only difference is that the native plant nursery and the night tour require email registration beforehand. For the others, you can just show up. I'm especially interested in trying the "Moonlight Walk" tour soon!

I went with my friends to Olympo Sky Bar, the highest sky bar in Buenos Aires, located in the Lex Tower. We watched one of the best sunsets I've ever seen from the 31st floor, with a stunning 360-degree view of the entire city. We went for afternoon tea, but they also serve breakfast and dinner, and the prices are very reasonable. I highly recommend it!

View attachment 6468

This is one of my absolute favorites for sunset views in BA. Incredible views. The bridge at Figueroa Alcorta is also great. You can see the law faculty building and the Floralis Generica in the distance. It is a great view.

View attachment 6468

Great place to have a drink and watch the sunset!

View attachment 6468

This is also my most favorite spot to watch the sunset and have a drink. Prices have gotten quite pricey though.

I would definitely suggest checking out the sunrise as well, especially now that it's winter with a pretty decent hour to go around to watch it.

The views from across the street from the entrance of Aeroparque Airport is awesome, once I specifically arrived earlier for a flight to watch the sunrise - It has been a quick but really cool touristic stop for my guests!

For maps address the location is: Plaza Puerto Argentino/Monumento a Cristobal Colon

I should've added a photo! The sun actually rising was on video but this is a shot from a few seconds before, so you get the idea!
That's a great photo! I agree the view from Costanera is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

• Love
Reactions: dai
Back