Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Which neighborhood do you recommend?

Can't understand the prices there on some of these properties. Some are double the price per square meter vs. nice areas in Palermo. I heard a lot of people buy there to launder money. Nice area but prices are crazy there.
Believe it or not Puerto Madero was a dump in the 80s, the renovations started during mid 90s but it wasn't until the beginning of the 2000s that started to develop and becoming the most exclusive area in BA overtime.

And yes, it's used for money laundering; no wonder why Cristina Kirchner, Boudu (ex Vice President during Cristina's mandate has been in jail for money laundering) and other corrupted politicians have or had properties there. Alberto Fernandez (the wife beater) lives in an apartment there borrowed by one of his corrupted friends.

Believe it or not Puerto Madero was a dump in the 80s, the renovations started during mid 90s but it wasn't until the beginning of the 2000s that started to develop and becoming the most exclusive area in BA overtime.

And yes, it's used for money laundering; no wonder why Cristina Kirchner, Boudu (ex Vice President during Cristina's mandate has been in jail for money laundering) and other corrupted politicians have or had properties there. Alberto Fernandez (the wife beater) lives in an apartment there borrowed by one of his corrupted friends.

I heard that area was rough back then. It has grown like crazy since my first trip in the late 90s. Had some friends that bought there early but they have long since sold. Some of the monthly expensas there are insane. A friend told me the apartment he sold now the expenses are now over $900 dollars per month!

Back