Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Wooohoooo!!!!! One PR down, one to go!

Update... My extra-Mercosur permanent residency took 78 days from in-person turno to resuelto.

So, 55 days for my wife, and another 23 days for mine. Make that two PRs down, zero to go. :)

And yes, I did write them, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from January until it was completed.

Screenshot_20240314_164027.png

Update... My extra-Mercosur permanent residency took 78 days from in-person turno to resuelto.

So, 55 days for my wife, and another 23 days for mine. Make that two PRs down, zero to go. :)

And yes, I did write them, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from January until it was completed.

View attachment 3482
Wow that is fabulous. It is a great feeling. Way to go and thanks for sharing knowledge.

View attachment 3482
Congratulations! My DNI is finally in 'Produccion' mode. Paciencia, paciencia :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1710447816755.png

View attachment 3482
That is wonderful! You aced it and the system here in Argentina.

@Darksider415 and @Jakoval anyone got a good guide for the next steps after someone gets "Protocolizada" with a Temporary Residency approval?

do they go to ANSeS in-person to get a CUIL first? do they go to ReNaPer to request a DNI first? do you even need a CUIT or just a CUIL? all the info i'm seeing about this is 8 years old on facebook forums. if someone sees a discussion i'm missing, the next steps after your Precaria becomes "Resuelto" i would love to add it to my write-up for Expats that i'm compiling : )

mostly, i think i either need to go to Registro Civil or ANSeS or ReNaPer in-person, and i'm fairly certain they will all want a current Certificado De Domicilio in that province/city, and the rest i haven't been able to find out yet (to apply for a DNI once Temporary Residency is approved). thanks in advance!

@Darksider415 and @Jakoval anyone got a good guide for the next steps after someone gets "Protocolizada" with a Temporary Residency approval?

do they go to ANSeS in-person to get a CUIL first? do they go to ReNaPer to request a DNI first? do you even need a CUIT or just a CUIL? all the info i'm seeing about this is 8 years old on facebook forums. if someone sees a discussion i'm missing, the next steps after your Precaria becomes "Resuelto" i would love to add it to my write-up for Expats that i'm compiling : )

mostly, i think i either need to go to Registro Civil or ANSeS or ReNaPer in-person, and i'm fairly certain they will all want a current Certificado De Domicilio in that province/city, and the rest i haven't been able to find out yet (to apply for a DNI once Temporary Residency is approved). thanks in advance!
Just wait, the DNI will arrive in the mail in 6-12 weeks. You might be able to speed it up by writing with a need to get it faster, but don’t hold your breath. It gets sent automatically by migraciones.

the DNI will arrive in the mail in 6-12 weeks
this would be nice, except this person i'm helping moved addresses since then :p but to access ALL THE THINGS with a DNI number, there must be a way to get the actual number, or get the phone app, in the meantime, right? someone, somewhere, must know what the actual number is, or how to look it up. once you can type in the DNI, you can access all the sweet discounts like BNA+ MODO 30% off, use MercadoLibre, pay transferencia with MercadoPago, etc.

this would be nice, except this person i'm helping moved addresses since then :p but to access ALL THE THINGS with a DNI number, there must be a way to get the actual number, or get the phone app, in the meantime, right? someone, somewhere, must know what the actual number is, or how to look it up. once you can type in the DNI, you can access all the sweet discounts like BNA+ MODO 30% off, use MercadoLibre, pay transferencia with MercadoPago, etc.
Nope. It’ll go by courier and if nobody is there after the 3rd attempt, you need to go to the office to pick it up. Until you get the physical card for the first time, you’re in limbo.

You have to have the physical card to activate the digital one on the phone, as well.

Based on our experiences, they don’t actually assign a DNI number until it’s in production. My wife had her residency finalized a month before me, but my DNI was issued earlier and has a lower number than hers, despite her tramite being approved and started earlier.

Based on our experiences, they don’t actually assign a DNI number until it’s in production. My wife had her residency finalized a month before me, but my DNI was issued earlier and has a lower number than hers, despite her tramite being approved and started earlier.
@Darksider415 and @Jakoval are definitely the experts! You both had a lot of good advice while I was going through the process.

noted, that the DNI number may not actually be created until the card is printed and mailed. i was recommended to use Facebook ReNaPer chat and after a while they responded with "We received the request direct from Migraciones and the DNI will be initiated automatically, so check back with us in 15 days"
so maybe this could be a route to get the actual number, since the physical card might not be created immediately, and likely won't be mailed immediately, given Darksider's timeline of 6-12 weeks to get the card. i will update after the 15 days (calendar, hopefully) to see if the person i'm helping has any more updates from ReNaPer (and the Facebook chat actually worked, just like the Migraciones chat on their website worked great!)

noted, that the DNI number may not actually be created until the card is printed and mailed. i was recommended to use Facebook ReNaPer chat and after a while they responded with "We received the request direct from Migraciones and the DNI will be initiated automatically, so check back with us in 15 days"
so maybe this could be a route to get the actual number, since the physical card might not be created immediately, and likely won't be mailed immediately, given Darksider's timeline of 6-12 weeks to get the card. i will update after the 15 days (calendar, hopefully) to see if the person i'm helping has any more updates from ReNaPer (and the Facebook chat actually worked, just like the Migraciones chat on their website worked great!)
That is great. I don't use FB at all and still amazed that some restaurants here just use FB as their website for their business. I guess if it works great one reason to sign up for FB.

That is great. I don't use FB at all and still amazed that some restaurants here just use FB as their website for their business. I guess if it works great one reason to sign up for FB.
@StatusNomadicus Renaper also has Whatsapp where you can ask them for your IDtramite. It's a bot-like chat so they will ask you certain info to verify who you are. If I remember correctly, choose 'estado de tramite' once all the choices appear. Then proceed from there. Once you have your IDtramite, you can track the development of your DNI on their website https://mitramite.renaper.gob.ar/

FWIW, I received my DNI on April 30, and I had PR approved on March 14, and the fecha de emision was somewhere around halfway between those dates. So, a little under 7 weeks for mine.

My wife got hers on May 5, PR was approved February 20 and the fecha de emision was about a week and a half after mine, or in other words, 11 weeks to get hers.

@StatusNomadicus Renaper also has Whatsapp where you can ask them for your IDtramite. It's a bot-like chat so they will ask you certain info to verify who you are. If I remember correctly, choose 'estado de tramite' once all the choices appear. Then proceed from there. Once you have your IDtramite, you can track the development of your DNI on their website https://mitramite.renaper.gob.ar/
@StatusNomadicus Estado del tramite, then Hablar con agente and proceed from there.

View attachment 3482
Congratulations. What do you mean extra-Mercosur? Are you holding a passport or residency NOT from a Mercosur country? or since you married (in Argentina) someone from Mercosur country this made you eligible?

Last edited:
Back