Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer "Yerba Mate" Argentina

My go-to mate is Playadito which is the best I think. I just went to Coto today to buy some after I saw it go viral. I wanted to support this American girl's brand. There aren't too much. You can see it's next to the Playadito which they have a ton out but only 2 bag rows. I saw 2 Porteños also buying and I asked them if they also saw it on X and they confirmed. We laughed about it.

This girl sounds like a marketing genius.

View attachment 6784
I went to Coto today to get some to try today in Rosario. It is ok. I like Playadito better. It was on discount at 2625 pesos so prices look much cheaper than CABA. But it looks like it is selling well.

mate gone.jpeg

Mate isn’t just a drink; it’s a health boost! I’ve been drinking it for a while now, and I’ve noticed it really helps with my energy levels. Instead of crashing like I do with coffee, mate gives me a steady boost that lasts a good part of the day.
Plus, it’s full of antioxidants, which I’ve heard are great for keeping your immune system in check. And if you’re trying to cut back on snacks, mate might help since it’s known to curb your appetite a bit. It’s like a natural remedy: energizing, refreshing, and packed with health benefits.

Back