Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

The ATMs near me still don't work with the new 1000 note, much less the 2000 or the 10k.
Do you mean to pay bills? I haven't had problems withdrawing 1000 notes from the ATM. I didn't realize there were two types of 1000 bills.

I only have seen this one:

Finally, banks have increased the daily withdrawal limit from $15,000 to $60,000. You can now withdraw up to this amount regardless of which bank your account is with or which ATM network you're using.

Finally, banks have increased the daily withdrawal limit from $15,000 to $60,000. You can now withdraw up to this amount regardless of which bank your account is with or which ATM network you're using.

Wow that is still a relatively low amount to withdraw! But 4 X more is better. That's still only around $45 dollars right? At least I have a no fee bank that will rebate me so it would be ok. Can you withdraw over and over from the same machine?

Great news! Some machines during my trip only would let me take out 15,000 pesos last Fall. Only around $15 at the time!

This is only the day after BBVA sent me an email saying I can pull up to 40k from non-BBVA ATMs or 400k from BBVA ATMs.

@Darksider415 is this 400k from a local bank account I'm assuming? No way to take out that much with a foreign debit card is there?
Yep, I have a local account with them. As for pulling with a foreign card, I actually don't know at this point, since all of the non-Argentine debit cards I have with me have expired and I haven't been back to the US to pick up the new ones yet.

Back