Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

How can the food here be so bad ?

La Choza also is very good quality also. Great products. The milk at the store I mentioned is almost the same price at 2,650 pesos for a 1 L bottle. I think the quality is better.
Just so you know you can buy that milk at lower prices if you buy in bulk. Normally around 40,000 peso orders so it won't make sense for small families but my friends all order together and it is much cheaper as you can see from website. We pay 1,530 pesos per bottle.

Definitely it can't compare to the variety and quality in Europe. But try some of the organic stores. This is a good one that has very good quality milk. The store gets stock in on Tuesdays and usually it's sold out by Thursday so go early on Tuesday. The brand is Los Cerezos. It's top notch. They also have great organic vegetables there.

No cualquier verdura - organic store and cafe​

Thank you @Betsy Ross! I didn't know about this store. I will go immediately tomorrow!

Thank you @Betsy Ross! How much is the milk there? I've been ordering it on this website and it so far is the best I have found. Not bad at 2,600 pesos per liter bottle. The yogurts are pretty good too. The store is in Martinez but they will deliver on Wednesday's to Palermo/Recoleta.

Thank you for mentioning this place. I will also see about this place. This is very helpful. We are so surprised how milk here is so bad.
Just so you know you can buy that milk at lower prices if you buy in bulk. Normally around 40,000 peso orders so it won't make sense for small families but my friends all order together and it is much cheaper as you can see from website. We pay 1,530 pesos per bottle.

Thank you too @Avocado! We know enough families that can order together. That is big discount!

Thank you @Betsy Ross! I didn't know about this store. I will go immediately tomorrow!

Thank you for mentioning this place. I will also see about this place. This is very helpful. We are so surprised how milk here is so bad.

Thank you too @Avocado! We know enough families that can order together. That is big discount!
Both of these stores are very good organic stores. Just keep in mind the price is more than normal store but very good quality and good taste too.

Definitely it can't compare to the variety and quality in Europe. But try some of the organic stores. This is a good one that has very good quality milk. The store gets stock in on Tuesdays and usually it's sold out by Thursday so go early on Tuesday. The brand is Los Cerezos. It's top notch. They also have great organic vegetables there.

No cualquier verdura - organic store and cafe​

I could have sure used this post when I was there. I got tired of eating out every night and tried to cook but some of the stuff at the grocery stores were not great quality. I'll check this place out when I come back.

La Choza also is very good quality also. Great products. The milk at the store I mentioned is almost the same price at 2,650 pesos for a 1 L bottle. I think the quality is better.

Thank you @Betsy Ross! How much is the milk there? I've been ordering it on this website and it so far is the best I have found. Not bad at 2,600 pesos per liter bottle. The yogurts are pretty good too. The store is in Martinez but they will deliver on Wednesday's to Palermo/Recoleta.

I've tried to buy this La Choza brand for the past 2 weeks but no luck at all. :(

Back