Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

President Javier Milei Lays out Blueprint for Dollarization in Argentina

I still don't see this happening for quite a bit of time. As much as Milei and his team want it to happen I just don't see it in the cards.

There are a lot of moving parts. Dollarization isn't happening any time soon. Must read article.

So much for dollarization. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, we won't see dollarization for a long time if at all.

Nope. Doesn't sound like Dollarization is in the cards for a long time if at all. Now Milei is saying CEPO isn't going away until Q4 of 2025. 2025 is going to be really tough with all the debt payments due.
What will this mean for mid-term elections in 2025? I just see that mountain of debt that is due next year. Still not sure where all the money will come for this?

What will this mean for mid-term elections in 2025? I just see that mountain of debt that is due next year. Still not sure where all the money will come for this?
Won't the government have to eventually devaluate the currency again driving up inflation again? Seems like an endless loop.

Won't the government have to eventually devaluate the currency again driving up inflation again? Seems like an endless loop.
Correct. I read this blog today and it was very realistic. I don't see any way the currency won't get devalued in the future.

This is the billion-dollar question. The government is saying "trust us we will figure it out" but the numbers don't add up. We are in the middle of a recession. No one is spending money. People are having to cash in their dollar savings to pay bills. Not sure what will happen after mid-term elections in 2025.

This is the billion-dollar question. The government is saying "trust us we will figure it out" but the numbers don't add up. We are in the middle of a recession. No one is spending money. People are having to cash in their dollar savings to pay bills. Not sure what will happen after mid-term elections in 2025.
Hilarious seeing CFK trying to give advice on the economy. 🤡

Back