Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Price of Beef will skyrocket at Parillas and steak restaurants! Good time to become a vegeterian!

We have been traveling inside Argentina a few months. I don't pretend to know what is going on but I read a lot of articles and news from this forum. I feel like the poor are suffering the most. They aren't to blame for what is going on but they are feeling it the most.

So, you know what grinds my gears about these Mileistas? It's like, easy peasy to be all "Yay, adjustments!" when your wallet is basically singing the cha-ching song or your family tree is a money forest. But for those teetering on the societal edges, life was a rollercoaster with Alberto, and now it's like they're riding the rollercoaster to Crazytown.

And where did the caste feel the pinch exactly? Last time I checked, they're sipping fancy drinks on Easy Street, while the working poor are getting a roundhouse kick to their incomes and livelihoods (as much livelihood as they had to begin with). People here jabber on about their Argentine buddies being cool with the agenda, but I bet those buddies are playing in a different sandbox than my in-laws down in Zona Sur, just one step above a "barrio popular."

Despite what online haters say, these folks aren't "parasites" as Milei's fan club likes to think. My sister-in-law is the real MVP, hustling as a domestic worker, scrubbing the mansions of the middle class and the richy-rich Argentines. With the New Year "raises," domestic workers now rake in a whopping $1.50/hr. She's working six days a week, raising her kid, shuttling him to school, and making sure he's not on the express train to Troubleville. She's the one swallowing the bitter pill of adjustment, not the fancy folks on this forum or the big shots in Milei's posse.

I'm not saying we're all villains here (well, maybe not most of us), but I see so many folks yapping about these issues like they're discussing the latest sci-fi movie. The average salary in Argentina? Oh, just a cool $530 a month, according to some article I read last week posted last on this forum. Millions are earning even less, slaving away full time for peanuts. Sure, they suffered under Alberto, no denying that, but now they're doing the cha-cha in the pit of despair under Milei.

As a wise man wisely pointed out, what good is chemo if you're basically killing the patient? That's my fear – the adjustment train never reaches us regular folks beyond the wild ride of dollar inflation, while millions like my sister-in-law are stuck doing the poverty shuffle. She's got my husband and me in her corner, but she's too proud to hit us up for help. It's like, come on, girl, we're here for you! But she's out there thinking she shouldn't have to ask when she's putting in an honest day's work. What about the rest of the peeps with families suffering just like hers? It's a real head-scratcher.
Curious minds wonder:

• Can you shed light on the political leanings of both her and her household members during the voting process?
  • With wages hovering below $1.50 per hour (or less than $288 per month) for the past three years, how much meat were they able to afford?
It appears that a significant faction of Mileistas, particularly those who actively supported the individual in question, are those with comparatively less at stake. Conversely, those bearing a disproportionate burden of the adjustment seem to be individuals who previously enjoyed an elevated standard of living, courtesy of subsidies spanning a myriad of consumables. Considering scenarios where an individual, working with equal diligence, was consuming $300-$500 worth of subsidized goods and services monthly, the contrast arises where someone earning and utilizing $285 per month contends with fewer subsidies. Does this not spotlight an inherent inequality in the subsidy distribution dynamics?

Let me sprinkle a bit of personal flavor on this, because you seem to think I'm tossing around callousness like confetti.

Now, I don't have a clan of blood relatives here, and I'm not waving a citizenship card around. I'm more like a guest at this political party. So, these choices? They're like the menu at a fancy restaurant – not my call, just here to taste the political dishes.

But for you, oh buddy, it's like a home-cooked meal. If Milei's grand plan does the cha-cha and your nephew gets a VIP pass to a better future, your sister-in-law might just high-five the painful transition as the necessary diet plan for the country. On the flip side, if Milei's reforms flop – too much agony, not enough gain – and there's a U-turn back to Peronist policies, well, that's a total failure, like a soufflé that never rises.

I'm sending good vibes to your fam and the whole country. May the political potluck bring the best dish to the Argentine table!

Let me sprinkle a bit of personal flavor on this, because you seem to think I'm tossing around callousness like confetti.

Now, I don't have a clan of blood relatives here, and I'm not waving a citizenship card around. I'm more like a guest at this political party. So, these choices? They're like the menu at a fancy restaurant – not my call, just here to taste the political dishes.

But for you, oh buddy, it's like a home-cooked meal. If Milei's grand plan does the cha-cha and your nephew gets a VIP pass to a better future, your sister-in-law might just high-five the painful transition as the necessary diet plan for the country. On the flip side, if Milei's reforms flop – too much agony, not enough gain – and there's a U-turn back to Peronist policies, well, that's a total failure, like a soufflé that never rises.

I'm sending good vibes to your fam and the whole country. May the political potluck bring the best dish to the Argentine table!

The quandary lies in the unnecessary exacerbation of hardship for those already teetering on the brink. Their current state is one of palpable distress, and any escalation would catapult them beyond a tolerable threshold, with a bleak future looming in the absence of alleviation.

The mismanagement of subsidies within the country is not a burden borne by the indigent. My receipt, reflecting a mere pittance for electricity, in stark contrast to an expenditure equivalent to at least 70 units in my country, epitomizes a grotesque disparity. I, for one, did not actively seek out subsidies, nor possess the acumen to navigate their avoidance, if such a route even exists. This holds true for numerous services. Were these subsidies exclusively directed towards the impoverished demographic, the discourse would cease to exist in its current scope, as the cost-benefit analysis would decidedly favor the positive.

In a typical nation, judicious measures and calibrated targets govern the application of subsidies. Argentina, regrettably, lags conspicuously in this domain. The expectation from financial virtuosos is not an outright abandonment of subsidies, but rather a discerning rectification of the prevailing system. While discernible efforts are evident, the establishment of such a system necessitates a degree of commitment beyond the current modest endeavors.

The quandary lies in the unnecessary exacerbation of hardship for those already teetering on the brink. Their current state is one of palpable distress, and any escalation would catapult them beyond a tolerable threshold, with a bleak future looming in the absence of alleviation.

The mismanagement of subsidies within the country is not a burden borne by the indigent. My receipt, reflecting a mere pittance for electricity, in stark contrast to an expenditure equivalent to at least 70 units in my country, epitomizes a grotesque disparity. I, for one, did not actively seek out subsidies, nor possess the acumen to navigate their avoidance, if such a route even exists. This holds true for numerous services. Were these subsidies exclusively directed towards the impoverished demographic, the discourse would cease to exist in its current scope, as the cost-benefit analysis would decidedly favor the positive.

In a typical nation, judicious measures and calibrated targets govern the application of subsidies. Argentina, regrettably, lags conspicuously in this domain. The expectation from financial virtuosos is not an outright abandonment of subsidies, but rather a discerning rectification of the prevailing system. While discernible efforts are evident, the establishment of such a system necessitates a degree of commitment beyond the current modest endeavors.
Absolutely, your logic is as sound as a saxophone solo in a jazz bar.

But, let's be real here. Expecting the Argentine political system to glide like a Tesla Roadster? Sweet summer child, it's more like trying to steer an ancient International Harvester farm truck. You're yanking that colossal wheel left and right just to keep it from careening into the ditch. Milei? Oh, he's not unpacking a precision scalpel here; it's more like he's revving up a chainsaw.

So, buckle up, my friend. We're not cruising on a smooth highway; it's more of a bumpy, pothole-ridden dirt road, and Milei's got his foot on the gas. Let's hope he's a decent chainsaw juggler.

Oh, what a delightful little vacation from reality for 3.5 weeks! A fleeting glance tells me that inflation threw itself a wild party in December, but hey, the exchange rate is playing freeze tag – apparently still stuck in its little spot since I last graced the scene. I just went to Western Union and the rate is the same as when I left. . Can't wait to come back in a few days and witness the thrilling changes. It's like I left for a short nap, and the financial circus just kept on juggling. How charming.

The concept of an "average" salary may harbor some ambiguity, but presently, $530 (USD) is considered a commendable income in the context of Argentina. It is noteworthy that a significant portion of the populace earns substantially less. I am keenly observant of how the privileged strata, referred to as the "caste," will navigate the evolving economic landscape. In light of this, I propose that Mr. Milei consider implementing a directive to curtail Congressional salaries by 40%. Such a measure would afford ample means for their sustenance while aligning with the spirit of equitable fiscal adjustments.
So, picture this: Average Joe, the middle-of-the-road worker bee in Buenos Aires, is basically the epitome of the so-called "formally employed en blanco" crowd. His salary isn't exactly making it rain in the city, but hey, it's better than scraping the bottom of the salary barrel. It's like comparing a cozy blanket to a paper napkin.

Now, I'm all for Joe giving Congress a little makeover on their dietas. I mean, who wouldn't want to cut back on the fancy feasts, right? But let's be real, taking on the political bigwigs is like trying to outdance a cat on a hot tin roof – not impossible, but definitely a tricky business. So, sure, we can chat about shaking up the system, but actually getting down to business? Well, that's a whole different tango, my friend.

In this somber space we share, it seems like deep down, we all share a common desire for what's best for our fellow Argentines. The heartache lies in the differing paths we believe will lead us there. Each day, I find myself clinging to the hope that my reservations about Milei will prove unfounded. Yet, as the days slowly tick away (not even a month has passed), my fears seem to be gaining strength – a haunting suspicion that the burden of adjustment falls heaviest on those with the least, rather than on the privileged few.

Milei's tenure spans a significant three years and eleven months, a span of time that holds the potential to overturn skepticism. I genuinely yearn for him to defy the naysayers and steer us toward a brighter tomorrow. May the days ahead be ones of redemption rather than resignation.

I'm kinda torn about means testing. In fancy countries, there've been cases where it messed up social programs for the folks who really needed help (like Robodebt in Australia, kinderopvangtoeslagaffaire in the Netherlands, Medicaid Estate Recovery in the US, and more). Can we trust our government to do it better? But hey, I'm all in for fixing subsidies and cracking down on shady stuff.

Take Potenciar Trabajo, for example. A bunch of government workers were getting benefits, and some folks getting electricity subsidies can't grab the dolar ahorro. Makes sense – if you're rich enough for dollar savings, you probably don't need help paying your power bill. But then there are cases where people got banned from buying the MEP dollar just 'cause their workplace got aid in 2020. They had zero say in it, and that's why I'm all mixed up.
Maybe we could start with some simple changes, like making a blacklist for people buying fancy dollars, paying taxes, jet-setting around, or rocking the latest iPhone. 'Cause, let's be real, they probably don't need the state's help.

Me, I don't take subsidies even though I qualify 'cause I'd rather it goes to those who really need it. But I get why some Argentines feel like they deserve it, especially when they see others scamming the system. There's a ton of fixing needed here, and my biggest worry is it hitting those who can't handle it.

Completely agree that that is the way that it should be. And to a significant extent that is the way that it is already.

What bothers me is that many "anti-Mileistas" don't bother to read beyond the tag-line and seem to point and say “won’t somebody think of the poor!”, making claims that the ambiguously defined "poor" are the only ones paying for this adjustment because it has a more "noble" tone of argument to it.

Meanwhile, and here is the point, such claims frequently ignore the fact important subsidies (e.g. electricity and gas) are being left in place for all low-income earners. Food cards for families remain and were increased by 50%. Social plans including AUH for parents remain and were increased by 100%. Other programs continue to exist and be created to support the poor and the popular economy. As I touched on previously they also ignore the fact that many of the poorest already can't afford (or don't consume as much of) various items affected by price controls or special subsidies such as meat, prepagas, netflix, petrol, formal rental contracts, to face too much exposure to their rising costs. Also they tend to ignore that anyone with a formal job has wages that are constantly increasing with paritarias (by enough or not is the argument de siempre between employers and unions and looking at where they already were before this government took office, obviously not enough... great work CGT and its self-proclaimed party of the working class...) and that they continue to have access to the same public services they have always relied upon such as free education and health care.

This suggests that the adjustment should be less noticeable for the poorest in society, who at least still enjoy some padding between their reality and the market reality, than for those traditionally a bit better off who are suddenly finding themselves both without subsidies and confronting higher costs of living while trying to maintain a certain level of lifestyle to which they have become accustomed.

Moving on to that "middle class". Many of whom may seem "poor" compared to an expat with dollars or euros but are a czar compared to the impovrished low-wage worker, even with only $100-$300 more a month standing between them (by Argentine standards to date that meager difference in earnings puts them over the threshold to access a top tier gold or even black colored credit card despite not earning enough to be required to pay income tax... to put this ridiculousness into some perspective..). It is these people who seem to be complaining the loudest because they now need to cut back on small - and by no means extravagant - luxuries like a weekly asado, eating out a few times a week, daily cafe visits, Netflix, gym memberships or private health insurance or private school for the kids, which they could have only actually ever have afforded themselves thanks to a lot of money coming from the state to finance it all. Many of these people are simply finding out they were never actually as well off as they were led to believe and despite whatever efforts they made it was all a papelón of privilege.

And as for the "upper classes" who fed from this papelón? The next natural outcome, although remains to be seen in the few short weeks since this started, is that this will come back to bite them hard on the ass once all that middle-class labor - with the experience and education that they need for their businesses to make money - stop accepting monopoly money for payment and start insisting on real wages that will finance the lifestyle they are accustomed to and willing to accept that they no longer have subsidized by the state. And for those businesses that were also primarily a destination for all that monopoly money of the middle class, they too are going to have a hard time until people start having real money of their own to spend.
I truly fail to see anyone who won't eventually have something to bemoan or who will get a "free-ride" out of this kind of adjustment, which is not necessarily a bad thing since in some way everyone has been part of the problem Argentines elected to try and solve.

This whole process and objective all reminds me of what many East Germans quipped after the wall came down: “Before we had money, but could not spend it on what we wanted. Today we have no money, but all the freedom to buy whatever we want”.

I bought 8 kilos of meat for New Year's from the local butcher in the province, and it cost me 54,000 pesos. That's around $3 per pound, which is about a third of the price I would pay for similar cuts in the USA. It's tough to find good-quality beef for less than $9.99 per pound these days. If prices double from here, I think a lot of families might have to give up their Sunday barbecues.

Completely agree that that is the way that it should be. And to a significant extent that is the way that it is already.

What bothers me is that many "anti-Mileistas" don't bother to read beyond the tag-line and seem to point and say “won’t somebody think of the poor!”, making claims that the ambiguously defined "poor" are the only ones paying for this adjustment because it has a more "noble" tone of argument to it.

Meanwhile, and here is the point, such claims frequently ignore the fact important subsidies (e.g. electricity and gas) are being left in place for all low-income earners. Food cards for families remain and were increased by 50%. Social plans including AUH for parents remain and were increased by 100%. Other programs continue to exist and be created to support the poor and the popular economy. As I touched on previously they also ignore the fact that many of the poorest already can't afford (or don't consume as much of) various items affected by price controls or special subsidies such as meat, prepagas, netflix, petrol, formal rental contracts, to face too much exposure to their rising costs. Also they tend to ignore that anyone with a formal job has wages that are constantly increasing with paritarias (by enough or not is the argument de siempre between employers and unions and looking at where they already were before this government took office, obviously not enough... great work CGT and its self-proclaimed party of the working class...) and that they continue to have access to the same public services they have always relied upon such as free education and health care.

This suggests that the adjustment should be less noticeable for the poorest in society, who at least still enjoy some padding between their reality and the market reality, than for those traditionally a bit better off who are suddenly finding themselves both without subsidies and confronting higher costs of living while trying to maintain a certain level of lifestyle to which they have become accustomed.

Moving on to that "middle class". Many of whom may seem "poor" compared to an expat with dollars or euros but are a czar compared to the impovrished low-wage worker, even with only $100-$300 more a month standing between them (by Argentine standards to date that meager difference in earnings puts them over the threshold to access a top tier gold or even black colored credit card despite not earning enough to be required to pay income tax... to put this ridiculousness into some perspective..). It is these people who seem to be complaining the loudest because they now need to cut back on small - and by no means extravagant - luxuries like a weekly asado, eating out a few times a week, daily cafe visits, Netflix, gym memberships or private health insurance or private school for the kids, which they could have only actually ever have afforded themselves thanks to a lot of money coming from the state to finance it all. Many of these people are simply finding out they were never actually as well off as they were led to believe and despite whatever efforts they made it was all a papelón of privilege.

And as for the "upper classes" who fed from this papelón? The next natural outcome, although remains to be seen in the few short weeks since this started, is that this will come back to bite them hard on the ass once all that middle-class labor - with the experience and education that they need for their businesses to make money - stop accepting monopoly money for payment and start insisting on real wages that will finance the lifestyle they are accustomed to and willing to accept that they no longer have subsidized by the state. And for those businesses that were also primarily a destination for all that monopoly money of the middle class, they too are going to have a hard time until people start having real money of their own to spend.
I truly fail to see anyone who won't eventually have something to bemoan or who will get a "free-ride" out of this kind of adjustment, which is not necessarily a bad thing since in some way everyone has been part of the problem Argentines elected to try and solve.

This whole process and objective all reminds me of what many East Germans quipped after the wall came down: “Before we had money, but could not spend it on what we wanted. Today we have no money, but all the freedom to buy whatever we want”.
Great post! Also, remember that subsidies for high earners have been removed, so there might be some impact there, though it could be small.

It's tough to make sure inflation hits specific groups of people who can handle it better. Unfortunately, this is the result of years of not paying attention and printing too much money. The country has to face the consequences eventually, and there's no way around it. You can also be upset about how harsh it is. Even in the USA, the Fed's idea of "soft landings" might lead to other problems and not be as good as they make it sound.

I don't get why there wasn't as much frustration before about the official exchange rate being basically a joke. It was causing the central bank to lose money and creating big monetary problems. Where were the concerns then? Maybe because it didn't immediately affect people, so no one seemed to care as much.

Well, I've been concerned since the days of the first "cepo" and extreme regulations, but folks just brushed me off with a classic "you don't understand, it's Argentina" (not on this forum, though). Right from the get-go, it was clear where this crazy train was headed, although I thought the shift would hit the fan earlier. It was easier for me, having seen similar craziness before – so I was more focused on how to make a buck out of this obvious mess. Because, let's face it, you gotta think about numero uno and your crew first.

What I hoped for was the upper class finally stepping up, seeing that the lower class was not exactly thrilled with the situation. But nope, they chose to hoard more goodies, blaming the poor and politicians while doing diddly-squat to change things. I guess "me first" is a universal theme.

Now, I've rubbed shoulders with Argentina's upper class – not the tippy-top, they practically live in another galaxy – but the old rich and well-off. And boy, are they nearsighted! As a European, I can't wrap my head around a place with so much racism and hate, where a caste system is just chilling like it's normal. People working for the wealthy almost like indentured servants, all in black, while the money that should be helping the country decides to take a vacation elsewhere.

Argentina's got this weird combo of a feudal system and democracy, and it's like trying to mix oil and water. Milei gets voted in by people who probably shouldn't be voting for him. So, they'll likely give him the boot once they figure out he's not exactly what they signed up for. It's absurd, but that's what happens when ignorance is running the show.

Being all logical about how a bit of suffering is needed to move forward? Well, that idea seems to be on vacation here, just like the rich not understanding their role in society. In developed countries, the wealthy understand where their wealth comes from (ideally), and they try to shape a society where success benefits everyone, including them. They invest in opportunities for the lower class. In Argentina? Nah, that's been MIA for decades. And let's get real – who's pulling the strings in politics the most? Not the neighborhood soccer team. It's always been the rich folks' playground.

Sure, it's a complex situation, and I'm far from seeing the whole picture. But what I do see is poor folks with no zest for life and old rich folks who are basically the same. Earning from rented properties and land, while spending their time on pet projects and fancy living. None of them are up for a change, but all of them want more. Looks like a recipe for some serious civil unrest, and Milei might just be the catalyst to speed up that chaos.

Argentina's got this weird combo of a feudal system and democracy, and it's like trying to mix oil and water. Milei gets voted in by people who probably shouldn't be voting for him. So, they'll likely give him the boot once they figure out he's not exactly what they signed up for. It's absurd, but that's what happens when ignorance is running the show.
Oh, brilliant idea, @Flamingo. Let's just snatch away their votes because, clearly, "they" are too clueless to know what they're doing. Because nothing says understanding the masses like a benevolent Workers' Soviet, right? I mean, who needs those pesky choices when we can have an enlightened committee decide what's best for everyone? Truly, a stroke of genius!

Oh, brilliant idea, @Flamingo. Let's just snatch away their votes because, clearly, "they" are too clueless to know what they're doing. Because nothing says understanding the masses like a benevolent Workers' Soviet, right? I mean, who needs those pesky choices when we can have an enlightened committee decide what's best for everyone? Truly, a stroke of genius!
So, the vote was like a giant "thumbs down" emoji aimed at Kirchnerism, not a big, warm hug for Libertarianism, which, let's be real, is like a mystery novel for most folks – and yes, that includes Libertarians themselves. Most people kind of sense that some tweaks are in order, but it's more like a feeling that the suffering buffet isn't open to everyone in equal portions (surprise, surprise – it hardly ever is). Once again, people went for the catchiest slogans and sound bites, not the riveting details of actual platforms. Because who needs substance when you've got a snappy one-liner, right?

So, the vote was like a giant "thumbs down" emoji aimed at Kirchnerism, not a big, warm hug for Libertarianism, which, let's be real, is like a mystery novel for most folks – and yes, that includes Libertarians themselves. Most people kind of sense that some tweaks are in order, but it's more like a feeling that the suffering buffet isn't open to everyone in equal portions (surprise, surprise – it hardly ever is). Once again, people went for the catchiest slogans and sound bites, not the riveting details of actual platforms. Because who needs substance when you've got a snappy one-liner, right?
It's noteworthy that even individuals identifying as Libertarians exhibit a limited comprehension of libertarian principles. This observation might be perceived as the pinnacle of arrogance.

Antipathy? Please, that's like saying a lukewarm cup of tea after enduring 16/20 years of Kirchner government. A hefty chunk of Argentinians are harboring a fiery, full-on hatred – they're just not out there protesting at midnight on a Tuesday because, you know, work beckons bright and early tomorrow. Priorities, right?

"Mystery Novel"? Come on now! Milei laid out his plans clearer than a glass slipper at a royal ball. It wasn't exactly brain surgery – even the most clueless plebs could grasp it.

"Mystery Novel"? Come on now! Milei laid out his plans clearer than a glass slipper at a royal ball. It wasn't exactly brain surgery – even the most clueless plebs could grasp it.
So, here's the thing: assuming these clueless plebs actually took a break from TikTok to dive into Milei's platform and ponder its consequences might be giving them too much credit. I mean, who needs policy analysis when you've got "motosierra contra la casta" sounding cool, right? A bunch of folks probably thought the pain train was headed straight for the wealthy, not realizing it might make a stop at their own station. Because, hey, things couldn't possibly get worse for them, right? Classic optimism!

Oh, come on, that's just being a tad optimistic. Expecting the "ignorant" to easily grasp Milei's program is like expecting a cat to appreciate a Shakespearean play. They might catch a few words, but the whole process behind terms like libertarian, free market, contract-based society, dollarization – it's like trying to explain quantum physics to a toddler. And don't even get me started on the media – they never bothered with layman's terms for this stuff.

To us, it was all crystal clear, with the pros and cons neatly laid out. But for many, it was just like hearing "casta," "opportunity for everyone," and "dollars in pockets." Now that the "casta" is on vacation, there are no dollars in those pockets, and opportunities seem to have taken a detour – surprise, surprise – things are basically the same, just a smidge worse. Those folks won't be peacefully contemplating their choices. I can already hear the Milei voters regretting their decisions, going from "it can't be worse" to all aboard the revolution train. Classic switcheroo!

Oh, come on, that's just being a tad optimistic. Expecting the "ignorant" to easily grasp Milei's program is like expecting a cat to appreciate a Shakespearean play. They might catch a few words, but the whole process behind terms like libertarian, free market, contract-based society, dollarization – it's like trying to explain quantum physics to a toddler. And don't even get me started on the media – they never bothered with layman's terms for this stuff.

To us, it was all crystal clear, with the pros and cons neatly laid out. But for many, it was just like hearing "casta," "opportunity for everyone," and "dollars in pockets." Now that the "casta" is on vacation, there are no dollars in those pockets, and opportunities seem to have taken a detour – surprise, surprise – things are basically the same, just a smidge worse. Those folks won't be peacefully contemplating their choices. I can already hear the Milei voters regretting their decisions, going from "it can't be worse" to all aboard the revolution train. Classic switcheroo!
The electorate that supported Milei exhibited a comprehensive understanding of his proposed agenda, and this comprehension persists.

Conversely, those categorized as "ignorant," who opted for Massa, ostensibly attributed two decades of hardship to factors eluding their comprehension, reflecting a perceived lack of awareness regarding the responsible party.

The electorate that supported Milei exhibited a comprehensive understanding of his proposed agenda, and this comprehension persists.

Conversely, those categorized as "ignorant," who opted for Massa, ostensibly attributed two decades of hardship to factors eluding their comprehension, reflecting a perceived lack of awareness regarding the responsible party.
Milei consistently emphasized, in addition to targeting La Casta, that the proposed measures would inflict widespread hardship and foreseeably worsen before improvement, emphasizing phrases such as 'no hay plata' (there is no money), among others.

I acknowledge the subtlety of the sarcasm in the phrase 'clueless pleb,' as per your interpretation of the sentiment. It appears that there is an implied suggestion that a substantial portion of his voters lacks awareness. It is crucial to clarify that my intention is not to dismiss or belittle those who supported Milei; rather, it is to offer an analytical perspective on the diversity of voter motivations and understandings.

Back