Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Thread: President Javier Milei - Decree of Necessity and Urgency (DNU) in real-time

Are you all crazy. Listen to Milei. Do you actually listen to some of the things he says? He is a crazy narcissist.

The President faces the temptation of reclining into his comfort zone of political seclusion, his natural posture. Recent public lines point to an ego-trip period of isolationism. Only just this week, we’ve had: “I am the greatest representative of liberty in the world”; “I am in a different league. Local politicians are Lilliputians [compared to me]”; “Argentine politicians are insignificant”; “Wherever I go, I generate a sensation… [ politicians] would love to be in my position”; and “I am one of the world's top five leaders… I am the world’s second-most important leader.”

Normal people don't talk like this. He is crazy. He speaks to his dead dogs.

Exactly. He is sick. Crazy how people don't see this. Also, by my estimates social unrest will increase. Only so long the poor can keep accepting things as they are.

Also at a time when so many Argentines are suffering and starving - Milei is wasting public taxpayer funds going to Spain for personal reasons. Why is this necessary? Why aren't you supporters talking about all of this wasting of funds for personal reasons. Is this essential for Argentina?

Also at a time when so many Argentines are suffering and starving - Milei is wasting public taxpayer funds going to Spain for personal reasons. Why is this necessary? Why aren't you supporters talking about all of this wasting of funds for personal reasons. Is this essential for Argentina?

I do agree with you that President Milei needs to be careful now that he has a book that he isn't just going around the world every month promoting his book. Spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to meetings that could argue are actually for the benefit of Argentina vs. the President could be a huge negative for him. He needs to stop traveling so much and focus on the issues at hand and not stirring up trouble.

Argentina has a lot of big problems and he is coming off as an ego maniac to many.

I do agree with you that President Milei needs to be careful now that he has a book that he isn't just going around the world every month promoting his book. Spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to meetings that could argue are actually for the benefit of Argentina vs. the President could be a huge negative for him. He needs to stop traveling so much and focus on the issues at hand and not stirring up trouble.

Argentina has a lot of big problems and he is coming off as an ego maniac to many.
He waste too much money on things not so important. He spend all his time outside of Argentina. He just left USA a few weeks ago and now going back.

Why does Argentina need new logo? Why spend money on stupid projects like this? A new logo is about the only thing this guy accomplish.

Services now are worse than before. Transportation costs skyrocketed and service very horrible. Milei spend all he time going to USA many times. Going to Europe for vain speeches and fight with all the leaders of other countries. Go to Israel to weeping wall. What really change in Argentina? This guy uses smoke and mirrors to make surplus better but it not real. He stop all needed projects. Fire all the state workers.

Inflation slow down a little but not so much. All I see the country worse than before.

Why does Argentina need new logo? Why spend money on stupid projects like this? A new logo is about the only thing this guy accomplish.

Services now are worse than before. Transportation costs skyrocketed and service very horrible. Milei spend all he time going to USA many times. Going to Europe for vain speeches and fight with all the leaders of other countries. Go to Israel to weeping wall. What really change in Argentina? This guy uses smoke and mirrors to make surplus better but it not real. He stop all needed projects. Fire all the state workers.

Inflation slow down a little but not so much. All I see the country worse than before.
Lol How much do you think a new logo is??

Unbelievable but Milei is leaving Argentina again. He is out of Argentina more than he is inside Argentina.

It is very sad and pathetic it took a court order for Milei to release desperately needed food to the poor!

Unbelievable but Milei is leaving Argentina again. He is out of Argentina more than he is inside Argentina.

Do you get it? He is trying to get investments into Argentina. These types of leaders would NEVER agree to meet a President of Argentina. Do you really think they would be meeting with Massa if he won? You all are only thinking negatively. Definitely glass half empty people.

Not looking good that people are jumping ship or getting pushed off the ship already.

Look at the companies he is meeting with!

Here is the quote of the decade, -"The president does not have an easy relationship with politics because he does not understand politicians,"

Here is the quote of the decade, -"The president does not have an easy relationship with politics because he does not understand politicians,"

The president is not a normal politician, that's for sure.

But maybe that's what Argentina needs right now

The president is not a normal politician, that's for sure.

But maybe that's what Argentina needs right now
Half the time I see videos and news on him I think he is a genius. The other 50% I think he is mentally ill. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm not sure which yet. But I guess time will tell.

But look at that photo. Yes that guy Sam is the CEO of the OpenAI company but also look in the photos and several employees of the Worldcoin scam they are doing in Argentina too. Sounds like Worldcoin is trying to get some deal and better end of the stick.

Back