Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Thread: President Javier Milei - Decree of Necessity and Urgency (DNU) in real-time

But look at that photo. Yes that guy Sam is the CEO of the OpenAI company but also look in the photos and several employees of the Worldcoin scam they are doing in Argentina too. Sounds like Worldcoin is trying to get some deal and better end of the stick.

Yeah I just posted in that Worldcoin thread. I was surprised to see those people in the meeting with Milei. I thought it was about the OpenAI possibilities. Sounds like they want to expand their scanning of the Irises in Argentina. Getting this thread back on track I saw this approval rating for Milei by ages. I was surprised to see the older approval so high. Must be because he increases their pensions?

Milei by ages.jpeg

This article really sums up what many people are starting to feel right now.

When I got in a taxi after Milei’s arena performance, its elderly driver, José, asked if I had been inside.
“Is now really the right time for a show?” he grumbled. “He wants to be famous around the world, but his feet aren’t touching the ground.”

Milei is in la la land and traveling all over the world and is a rock star in his own mind. Argentina has real issues and many problems are around the corner if electricity and heat and gas experience issues. He is spending as much time outside of Argentina than inside.

https://archive.is/spKeA#selection-2337.0-2341.138
Financial Times Article - At the Milei Show, Pressure is building Backstage.

Doesn't look like they have the support they need.

This is very bad news indeed. Not getting the signatures needed really hurts because no one knows when it will be debated in the Senate. Typical Argentina.

Hopefully Francos is more effective. Here was a great article today.

Francos is a skilled negotiator / he will do a better job than Posse who was an intelligent guy but not a good polotician

Yeah I just posted in that Worldcoin thread. I was surprised to see those people in the meeting with Milei. I thought it was about the OpenAI possibilities. Sounds like they want to expand their scanning of the Irises in Argentina. Getting this thread back on track I saw this approval rating for Milei by ages. I was surprised to see the older approval so high. Must be because he increases their pensions?
Here is the video it was from. I saw it.

TN claims its a done deal....

Lets wait and see.

Nope that article from InfoBae was not correct. I just saw this! Francos is the real deal!

The strange thing is President Milei hasn't posted anything on his X account which I would have assumed he would be all over if it was a done deal.

Back