Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Thread: President Javier Milei - Decree of Necessity and Urgency (DNU) in real-time

The government is saying the recession has hit rock bottom and going to turn up. Hope this is the case.

Yes inflation is being tamed. It looks like the plan is working.

This good article. I know many Milei supporters on this site but what happen if this situation of Emperor has no clothes on? I know he stop some corruption which is good for Argentine people. But everyday life more expensive. I just ask you to think what if he not so good like people think?

President Milei just cut another Ministry today. When he took office there were 21 different Ministries! Now there are only 7 which ties Switzerland with the #1 least Ministries.

GPPMGOGWoAAz594.jpeg

Clearly good news.

But is this not the guy who promised tax cuts?
Looks like investors are nervous if Milei can actually deliver. Argentine bonds fell drastically today. This is a really complicated country! The longer I am here the less I think he can turn things around here.

For those people who said it was a waste of time for President Milei to go to the USA and meet with all the leaders of Silicon Valley and the big VC firms. You were wrong.

President Milei's administration just announced that they are about to receive a $1 BILLION technology investment into Argentina in the next few weeks. Many things people don't understand and are in a hurry but things take time and if this article is true, this would be record time. Many do believe in the turn around in Argentina.

What a mess this Administration is. I am not saying other administrations didn't have fraud but this is good example of Milei taking action and then no solution hoarding tons of expiring food rather than give it to the poor.

Pretty good article on President Milei by the BBC. It has some good facts and figures. It shows 54% of people think Milei cares more about his opinion internationally vs. focusing on problems inside Argentina. And the shine is coming off Milei locally. Look at his #'s and they are starting to come down.

The honeymoon sounds like it is slowly fading. His approval numbers are going down now. Not sinking fast but as the recession gets worse he will probably start losing more support. You die hard Milei supporters can't agree with everything he is doing.

I thought No Hay Plata! But I read that Milei wants to start the military parades again. This is the LAST thing Argentina needs to be spending money on. He wants to get Argentina more involved in military operations spending money on jets and other nonsense.

Back